Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2022 12:32:22 PM EDT
My family and I are planning on visiting Stockton Lake this summer and would love to rent/charter a sailboat for some sailing.

We lived aboard a Cal 35 in Washington about 10 years ago and really want to get back on the water even if it is just for a few hours.

My wife has been looking but can't find anything.  I'm hoping to tap into the ARFCOM hive mind and see if we can come up with something.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t been to Stockton in forever. Pretty sure it is usually rough though. Not sure it would be fun in a sailboat imho.

I’ve never sailed either .
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just called Stockton State Park Marina, and Orleans Trail Marina, and neither rent sailboats. Orleans Trail said that they don't know of anyone who rents sailboats. Maybe try searching for charters instead of rentals, is my only suggestion.
View Quote

Orleans Trail and State Park are pretty much it on Stockton as far as sailboats so if they don't have anything it doesn't look good.  You get a good south wind on Stockton, you better be paying attention.  I can see where they wouldn't be interested in turning people loose with a sailboat.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I haven’t been to Stockton in forever. Pretty sure it is usually rough though. Not sure it would be fun in a sailboat imho.

I’ve never sailed either .
View Quote

Stockton Lake is considered the best sailing water in Missouri. They hold the Governor's Cup Sailing race there.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Orleans Trail and State Park are pretty much it on Stockton as far as sailboats so if they don't have anything it doesn't look good.  You get a good south wind on Stockton, you better be paying attention.  I can see where they wouldn't be interested in turning people loose with a sailboat.
View Quote

Yeah, that is why we were open to a charter.  I wouldn't want to ding anyone else's boat anyway.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top