Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2021 4:17:03 PM EDT
One of the dumbest things I’ve done but I’m just starting into reloading. Spent the last month or so getting everything I need. Press, dies, brass, bullets etc. etc. and I finally found everything I need EXCEPT primers. It is impossible.

I realize I’m not going to find 10k of them but does anyone know anywhere in the Seattle/Tacoma area that has 1k of each small pistol and/or small rifle. I’m trying to find a few just so I can try my new reloading toys out.  I realize I won’t be finding a bargain, I’m willing to pay the premium, but if anyone knows where I could get a few hundred just so I can get a few of them so I can get started on something. I’d appreciate the insight.  

You can even email or IM if you are not wanting to disclose your secrete spots to the whole world!

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck, I have been trying to find both small rifle and small pistol for a few months, mostly concentrating on small pistol but have not seen any.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
They are available on Gun Broker if you are ready to tap your IRA.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea I saw some there. Trying to avoid that level of desperation, was hoping to find a couple hundred local but it’s looking less and less.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 1,100 large pistol mag primers laying around but I'm a dry sider
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Same here, I have a couple thousand small rifle extra small rifle but that’s it, and I’m a dry sider
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
With the current demand on ammo, I'd be surprised if they're even manufacturing primers for reloading.  The only stuff I've seen for sale is large pistol and large rifle, im going all in on .45 colt this year and likely won't be shooting much of the small caliber stuff until the panic subsides.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the current demand on ammo, I'd be surprised if they're even manufacturing primers for reloading.  The only stuff I've seen for sale is large pistol and large rifle, im going all in on .45 colt this year and likely won't be shooting much of the small caliber stuff until the panic subsides.
View Quote

Smalls are out there, about once a week somebody will get something then the rush of discord bros will crash the site.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm about start reloading small pistol primers at this point.

I have done it before, its not hard, just time consuming. And not completely reliable.

But I've got a lot more time on my hands now that I'm not shooting as much...
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel your pain . I started 6 months ago and have only recently got powder and primers . Your going to have to pound the pavement to get primers . Your going to constantly have to put up adds on here , snipers hide Ext . And meet people or pay ALOT for people to ship them like the crooks on gunbroker.com . Small gun stores and ranges can be a gold mine . A Local range in my area had 5k box’s of large pistol for $325 so I’m good loading 45acp for a very long time . Last week I had someone email me from sniper hide lo and behold it was Dave TOOLEY custom gun and barrel maker hell of a nice guy . So it might take a long time but you can meet some great people in your area . All the media does is act like where a bunch of nuts with guns but I can whole heartily say gun guys are some of the most helpful salt of the earth people
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:07:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw primers in cabela's in Post Falls Id last week. Only problem was they were for 50 BMG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top