Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2023 12:26:26 AM EDT
Hi, Folks, I’m thinking about joining the Alder Brook range/club in the Littleton area but the club website is pretty light on information.  My primary interest in shooting there is long range rifle.  Can anyone tell me the specifics on the facilities?  I was going to print the membership form to send in but it is dated 2022.  I will plan on going to their monthly BOD meeting but was hoping I can get some more information first.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a member.  I saw somewhere else that it has a 300 yard range, so kind of meh for long range.

Google Earth with 2022 imagery shows a 300 yard capability for maybe one or two shooters.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm,  They have pictures on their site of a "long range".  However that is defined, I don't know.  Then of course the verbiage at the bottom of the page says 300 yards.  https://alderbrooksportsmensassoc.com/about-the-property/

Their outdoor range rules look sort of fuddy with regards to NFA.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have heard that they have a range that goes out to 1100 yards. Their website is woefully behind from what I understand.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 2:22:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:
I have heard that they have a range that goes out to 1100 yards. Their website is woefully behind from what I understand.
View Quote

In addition to hearing they only went to 300, I've heard the 1100 thing as well and then they have that picture from 2018 of their 'long range'.

The problem is, where?  The satellite imagery of the area is less than 6 months old.

ETA:  Maybe???

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
A few guys I know recently joined.

I believe the long range is either 1108 or 1140 yards.
The pictures I saw are very impressive. Don’t know much else.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By steve8140:
A few guys I know recently joined.

I believe the long range is either 1108 or 1140 yards.
The pictures I saw are very impressive. Don’t know much else.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a member and joined for the LR as well, haven't been in a while but if I remember right its 1108yd.  As far as joining, not sure how its currently handled, when I got in Covid was in it's prime so it was a quick phone call after submitting the app and that was it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for replies, guys.  It’s quite a hike for me since I live in the seacoast but I could still get there a half dozen times a year to practice so I think I am just going to show up at the next monthly meeting with a check in hand!  Wish me luck…
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Reviving this thread.

Couple friends were up there yesterday. From the pictures and videos they’ve sent me and friends being friends doing peer pressure things I’ll be sending in my application this week.

My current club goes to 600 if you qualify but it’s a static range in paper targets. There are no other targets or distances and the process and timing is a pain.

Alder Brook is much simpler and the cost of membership is reasonable. I’ll probably get there 4-5 times a year since I live a little south.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s a pretty decent club and it’s only about a half hour from me. I’m usually up there once a week to use the pistol bays.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By steve8140:
Reviving this thread.

Couple friends were up there yesterday. From the pictures and videos they’ve sent me and friends being friends doing peer pressure things I’ll be sending in my application this week.

My current club goes to 600 if you qualify but it’s a static range in paper targets. There are no other targets or distances and the process and timing is a pain.

Alder Brook is much simpler and the cost of membership is reasonable. I’ll probably get there 4-5 times a year since I live a little south.
View Quote

Good deal.

Enjoy!

The Littleton area offers a few good restaurants.

If you're coming up 93 there are a couple others along the way.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 5:57:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#13]
Originally Posted By FDC:

Good deal.

Enjoy!

The Littleton area offers a few good restaurants.

If you're coming up 93 there are a couple others along the way.
View Quote

Grew up going to the white mountains every chance I could. Helped friends build a cabin in North Haverhill and have been skiing and snowmobiling up there for years.

Littleton is about a 1 hour 35 minute drive so it’s not too bad to do for an opportunity like this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top