Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2021 7:25:24 PM EDT
Looking for someone who can machine a torx t20 slot into a knife pivot for me.

Anyone here know anyone that can help me out?
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a machinist. If I understand what you're looking to do, about the only way you're going to sink a torx wrench key slot into a part is with an EDM die sinking machine.

You'll have to call around your area to find a shop with a stick EDM.  It will be expensive.

A more affordable alternative, if possible for the part you want, would be to buy a T20 bolt and have it machined to fit your need.

In other words, start with a T20 bolt and work backwards towards your finished part. Conventional machining methods (milling/turning) are cheaper and more readily available than EDM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top