Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2021 7:47:52 PM EDT
I am from Ohio and do not have any restrictions in my state. Are there any WV restrictions that would prohibit me from traveling with a pistol caliber carbine (in either 9mm, 556 or 300BO) in my vehicle with pistol brace? Looking for info, Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 10.5" 5.56 built just for the occasion.  A vehicle is a vehicle too, so it works just the same in a SxS on or off road.  All the property I travel off road is private, so properties otherwise may come with their own laws and regulations.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is that it is somewhat of a gray area as far as carrying one loaded goes. Federally it’s a pistol, but by state law definitions it may still be considered a rifle. Its unlawful to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in your vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I was curious cause here in Ohio, the pistol is covered if you have a valid Ohio CCW permit. Did not know if that was also the case in WV too...

BTW, anyone know if Pennsylvania is the same or do they have some law to keep from doing the same?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:08:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I asked a friend in LE and got this answer -

"The Biden administration has made the braced pistol more widely recognized due to their efforts to regulate them.
It's my opinion that the majority of officers have at least enough knowledge to recognize them now. They may need
someone to point out the obvious;  they are by definition pistols, and laws pertaining to pistols apply."
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope, travel on.
View Quote

FPNI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top