Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2022 3:19:25 PM EDT

I was going through the safe the other day and realized that I have a CMP Garand, 1917, 03-A3, Enfields, CMP 1911 and an M1 Carbine that I never shoot or have not shot yet. Would anyone be interested in planning/attending a shoot where we bring older stuff out of the safe?  Perhaps we can do it at Emu's place?  I would like to try a 30-40 Krag sometime as I am trying to amass a collection of US service rifles

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d love too but I have a hard enough time getting away from work to shoot in the back yard.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
We did a WW2 shoot at Emu about a year ago and unfortunately only about five people showed up. Tok762's collection could make a museum blush though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a bit of WW2 stuff, I'd be interested depending on the weekend
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds awesome to me.  I don't have anything of that era unfortunately.  Closest I have is an 1873 Springfield trapdoor lol.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be down for a WWII shoot.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm still down, had work the weekend of the last one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I bet Red Hill Range or Cherokee Gun Club would have us. Shall I inquire?
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet Red Hill Range or Cherokee Gun Club would have us. Shall I inquire?
View Quote

I have never been to EMU's.. Red hill is a nice place.  If we decide on a gathering, they need to be full-auto friendly

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We did a WW2 shoot at Emu about a year ago and unfortunately only about five people showed up. Tok762's collection could make a museum blush though.
View Quote

I remember that
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Cherokee only allows full auto on one pistol bay.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I've a Brit that came to me by way of my FIL. some one sporterized the stock at some point over the years. I was hoping to put back in full dress one day.

Sadly I have not accumulated more than 20 rounds for it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've a Brit that came to me by way of my FIL. some one sporterized the stock at some point over the years. I was hoping to put back in full dress one day.

Sadly I have not accumulated more than 20 rounds for it.
View Quote

303 British?  If we have a shoot, bring it, I will give  you 20 round box. I purchased some Non Corrosive Surplus a couple of years ago, reasonably cheap.  I have a Mk 5 Jungle Carbine, which I have not shot.   I have heard that due to the light weight, it tends to punish your shoulder

I would prefer an outdoor range for a shoot. I have a Semi Auto Bren, which I really don't want to shoot indoors.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

303 British?  If we have a shoot, bring it, I will give  you 20 round box. I purchased some Non Corrosive Surplus a couple of years ago, reasonably cheap.  I have a Mk 5 Jungle Carbine, which I have not shot.   I have heard that due to the light weight, it tends to punish your shoulder

I would prefer an outdoor range for a shoot. I have a Semi Auto Bren, which I really don't want to shoot indoors.
View Quote

That Jungle Carbine (in .303) is definitely a beast!  Never fired a 7.62 version, but they all LOOK cool.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]
You could ask Luke C to add a WW2 division to the medium-range match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top