Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2020 2:38:07 PM EDT
Hey guys, anyone have a rear sight pusher tool and wouldn't mind loaning it out?  I’ll pay shipping both ways of course unless you’re close to San Tan Valley in which case it can be FTF. Heck I could probably do it on the spot too.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What platform?
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]
this item isn't perfect, but my buddy and I have managed to use it on a lot of different pistols and we always seem to get it to work on rear sights, sometimes front ones too.

great deal for the price and once you factor shipping someone else's back and forth, you might just want to buy this one instead.

NCSTAR SIGHT PUSHER

also at Midway with free shipping

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019396518
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven’t found a gun yet that needs a sight pusher. I gave up using one years ago.

A vice, good hammer, and aluminum rod with a taped end is all I use.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have bent punches before on rear sights...  so all depends how many guns you work on.  This is right way to do it and that tool I posted it works great.  not to mention works good for fine adjustments.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Banging on night sights will kill most vials. Good luck getting XD sights off. A pusher AND a Hammer are needed.

I invested in an MGW, including every slide shoe they make. Cost me about $1500. Of course, I've recouped the cost with installations. Well worth it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Banging on night sights will kill most vials. Good luck getting XD sights off. A pusher AND a Hammer are needed.

I invested in an MGW, including every slide shoe they make. Cost me about $1500. Of course, I've recouped the cost with installations. Well worth it.
View Quote
Ha, XDs are the only sights I won’t work on, I swear they heat the slide and chill the sight then use some invisible thread lock.

I’ve bent a sight pusher trying to get them off.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ha, XDs are the only sights I won’t work on, I swear they heat the slide and chill the sight then use some invisible thread lock.

I’ve bent a sight pusher trying to get them off.
View Quote
I crank a 1/4 turn and then tap with a hammer on the pusher shaft all the way off.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got a pretty nice rear sight pusher, and it kills me that I've used it twice and now it just sits there, so if you or anyone else wants to use it I'm at Ray and Ellsworth.

Just email me or PM me through the site.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I haven’t found a gun yet that needs a sight pusher. I gave up using one years ago.

A vice, good hammer, and aluminum rod with a taped end is all I use.
View Quote
I broke a couple vials in night sights using this method.  They last less than 24 hours after they crack.  Not recommended.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
this item isn't perfect, but my buddy and I have managed to use it on a lot of different pistols and we always seem to get it to work on rear sights, sometimes front ones too.

great deal for the price and once you factor shipping someone else's back and forth, you might just want to buy this one instead.

NCSTAR SIGHT PUSHER

also at Midway with free shipping

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019396518
View Quote
Yeah, I actually had my eye on that. I hate to sound like that guy but $50 for something I’m going to use once or twice......ehhh. I might end up buying it just for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've got a pretty nice rear sight pusher, and it kills me that I've used it twice and now it just sits there, so if you or anyone else wants to use it I'm at Ray and Ellsworth.

Just email me or PM me through the site.
View Quote
Right by where 24 dumps onto Ellsworth, right?  I’m by there quite a bit. I’ll send you a PM. Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I broke a couple vials in night sights using this method.  They last less than 24 hours after they crack.  Not recommended.
View Quote
It ain’t gonna work if you don’t know how to fit a sight.

Having installed dozens of night sights with this method it is the technique that matters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Right by where 24 dumps onto Ellsworth, right?  I’m by there quite a bit. I’ll send you a PM. Thank you!
View Quote
Yep, that's where I'm at.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 1:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep, that's where I'm at.
View Quote
I work on houses out there a lot.

so tag for later
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I work on houses out there a lot.

so tag for later
View Quote
Tell the taco truck lady that the middle of the street is a terrible place to set up for business, will ya?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Tell the taco truck lady that the middle of the street is a terrible place to set up for business, will ya?
View Quote
The little red truck that has the stuff in the bed, or big ass blue one?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, I actually had my eye on that. I hate to sound like that guy but $50 for something I’m going to use once or twice......ehhh. I might end up buying it just for the hell of it.
View Quote
My buddy bought it and we pass it back and forth as needed...  Once you have one in a circle of friends it gets used all the time, the trick is getting one of your friends to buy it.  Since my buddy is always at my place using my tools, it all evens out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
The little red one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My buddy bought it and we pass it back and forth as needed...  Once you have one in a circle of friends it gets used all the time, the trick is getting one of your friends to buy it.  Since my buddy is always at my place using my tools, it all evens out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'd be cool if we had a tool share on this forum. Obviously it'd need to be some kind of deal where you know who the person is and you verify that they're who they say they are. I've got a lot of shit that never gets used anymore since I've moved out of the gun making phase and into the ammo stacking phase.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The little red one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The little red one.
A pic is worth a thousand words they say...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The little red one.
A pic is worth a thousand words they say...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/41029/13FA054E-C95E-4B40-A123-39AA1509828F_jpe-1266160.JPG
Ah yes, she of the mailbox letter logo. At least she is now having her customers line up on the walky side instead of the drivey side.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It ain’t gonna work if you don’t know how to fit a sight.

Having installed dozens of night sights with this method it is the technique that matters.
View Quote
Post a video of you properly staking a 1911 front night sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top