User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2021 6:54:33 PM EDT
Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just curious.
View Quote

If your asking about the Fredericksburg show. It was the small then last month.
I renewed my VFW membership
No special. Insane prices on ammo. Same venders. Same stuff not selling. I wont be back until after this covid shit is done with.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
RVA is postponed again,

Fishersville is in the middle of Apr,   likely still on,

betting Chantilly/Dulles expo will be postponed again
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

betting Chantilly/Dulles expo will be postponed again
View Quote

It will be interesting to see what happens with Chantilly, because somehow it's safe enough to have the Intergem Jewelry show at the Dulles Expo Center this weekend.  I guess the COVID isn't a big concern if the masses are distracting themselves with shiny objects.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Chantilly, because somehow it's safe enough to have the Intergem Jewelry show at the Dulles Expo Center this weekend.  I guess the COVID isn't a big concern if the masses are distracting themselves with shiny objects.
View Quote

I know a guy that may be at that show,

I'll text and see if there are restrictions
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

according to the guy I know,  the Gem show was only in the North Hall,  and every thing was social distanced

his Mother was there, and he commented that the show had a major change  in demographics  (way less Asians ,  who apparently were the majority of the dealers in the past,  and more Indians/Paki's than ever before)

80 booths,  240 customer capacity, and it was at capacity 45 minutes after it opened
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

according to the guy I know,  the Gem show was only in the North Hall,  and every thing was social distanced

his Mother was there, and he commented that the show had a major change  in demographics  (way less Asians ,  who apparently were the majority of the dealers in the past,  and more Indians/Paki's than ever before)

80 booths,  240 customer capacity, and it was at capacity 45 minutes after it opened
View Quote

Thanks for the report.  I see on the Expo Center web site that the next event (Capital Art and Craft Fest) is cancelled due to capacity restrictions.  Not that I want to or would plan to attend the NGS, but I'm wondering how they are making these determinations of what shows are OK to have vs. the ones that are a problem, or if it's just a the determination of Fairfax County as to what is OK.  I assume it will be fall at the earliest before the NGS happens there at the rate Virginia is going.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the report.  I see on the Expo Center web site that the next event (Capital Art and Craft Fest) is cancelled due to capacity restrictions.  Not that I want to or would plan to attend the NGS, but I'm wondering how they are making these determinations of what shows are OK to have vs. the ones that are a problem, or if it's just a the determination of Fairfax County as to what is OK.  I assume it will be fall at the earliest before the NGS happens there at the rate Virginia is going.
View Quote

my understanding is the Expo folks and or the State/County issue the restrictions,  
and the promotor decides if it is worth while to have the show,

NGS is usually one of my best shows, so I'll do any she has,  however it  has to be worth while to do,

SGK seems to get away with having a lot of shows but with very limited restrictions

Showmaster's shows in RVA  and NGS seem to be the most politically motivated cancelations,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top