Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2020 9:15:20 PM EDT
I'm doing a job in Wichita and I'm going to be staying here for about month..Any cool gun shops or shooting ranges?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Rainier Arms recently re-opened an indoor range and store near the Cabelas's.  Range 54 is another indoor range/gun store.  Bullsyse has a 100 yd indoor range and probably has a bunch of stuff in there, haven't been there in a while.  Knapp Armory is a small range and gun store.  Bullet Stop recently re-opened from what I heard.  I hear Gander Outdoors has a bunch of guns, but haven't been there.
A layoff is coming at Spirit, so there may be stuff at some area gun shops and pawn shops?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Where is Knapp's?

I like the range 54 facility (off 54, near edgemore), but every time I've been there to shoot I always get stuck in a range with AR rifles or pistols, that gets annoying really fast.

Last time there, to my left was an AR rifle, tolerable. Far right an AR pistol constantly rapid firing. Then comes in a guy with a 338 Lapua with a brake...

Holy e fuck.  The stalls extended out into firing range and when the Lapua would go off, those extensions flapped back and forth. This is just 25 yard range.

Bullseye/bullet stop, one is out south west, 25 yard range. Other is near Oliver and 13th(not at intersection, bout 2 blocks west, one block north), it has 25 yard pistol range and 100 yard rifle range indoors.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Where is Knapp's?

West of the river on Central.  Just past the old hospital.
I have seen the new KS Wildlife & Parks range at ElDorado Lake, but have not used it.  It's looks very nice, but only goes to 100yds.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone in this thread ever take any of the 2-3 hour mini classes at Range 54?

Moved to Sedgwick county a year ago and haven’t done much shooting since, but some of the classes offered there look interesting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

@HighPlains1911 one of my friends teaches a lot of their classes and they’re pretty good. 

I’ve learned a few things for sure. 

I think a lot of their classes are entry level but they also offer a lot of private classes if you can arrange them.
View Quote

I did my CHL course there, unsure of what to expect. The demeanor of the instructor and the facility in general impressed me.

I think I will probably take their “enhanced pistol” level course one of these months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top