Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2021 9:59:48 PM EDT
I need a gc in Destin.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't give you any good ones, but I can tell you to stay away from anyone associated with Steve Griner.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't give you any good ones, but I can tell you to stay away from anyone associated with Steve Griner.
View Quote
Thanks for the tip!  He actually came by to look and then never followed through
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
When Hurricane Michael tore up my mom's place in Panama City, I ran into Chris Papillion of Papillion Construction. He was absolutely fantastic and straight up. My mom was back in her home within 5 or so months, not bad considering the supply shortage and the holidays. Work was excellent, no shortcuts, no corner cutting.

He helped me fight the insurance company vs. ducking out on the job when they tried to fuck him over on the estimate. He met FTF with me and the adjuster THREE times to hash out what my mom needed.

I know that there's no way he made money on that job, yet he stayed committed and took a personal interest in my 87 y/o mom. Honestly, guy saved our ass.

He is out of Pensacola if I recall. Looks like their number is 850-426-7269.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd avoid Hometown Contactors. They quoted me $20k for just the shower in my master bath, and were on pace to ask for more than my house for a total bathroom remodel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top