Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2022 6:06:56 PM EDT
Curious to know if this is an actual store front and if so, do they carry a decent selection of pistols?
I should be in the area in a couple of months and if its worth stopping by (or if you know a better place with a really good selection of firearms AND price) I will add it to my "To Do" list.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I honestly dont know if it's a physical storefront or not. If you go through gunbroker and just search by DE, they've got a ton of stuff for fairly high panic prices. A little google investigation shows "Hocker's" is a grocery store in the state so I'm thinking maybe the owner just has an FFL and uses the business's name(?)
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iGottaDropADuce:
I honestly dont know if it's a physical storefront or not. If you go through gunbroker and just search by DE, they've got a ton of stuff for fairly high panic prices. A little google investigation shows "Hocker's" is a grocery store in the state so I'm thinking maybe the owner just has an FFL and uses the business's name(?)
View Quote

That is sort of why I posted.
Everything I found was related to some grocery outlet.
Some if there handguns were some of the better prices I have seen.
Was hoping they had a HUGE store front.

Any good stores near the Lewes area with a good selection and good prices?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JThompson:

That is sort of why I posted.
Everything I found was related to some grocery outlet.
Some if there handguns were some of the better prices I have seen.
Was hoping they had a HUGE store front.

Any good stores near the Lewes area with a good selection and good prices?
View Quote

Im from upstate so I am not too familiar with gun shops down south. If you come up state, about an hour and a half, there's several good gun shops. And, if you venture into southeastern PA a bit, theres a couple good shops that way. Hopefully somebody else chimes in and can help you out with gun shops down that way! If you want the names of the ones up here, I can definitely give you those.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:33:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JThompson] [#4]

Im from upstate so I am not too familiar with gun shops down south. If you come up state, about an hour and a half, there's several good gun shops. And, if you venture into southeastern PA a bit, theres a couple good shops that way. Hopefully somebody else chimes in and can help you out with gun shops down that way! If you want the names of the ones up here, I can definitely give you those.
View Quote

Thanks, but I am only there for a short time.
Looking for something close by as shopping for firearms is a secondary objective for this trip.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:54:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iGottaDropADuce] [#5]

Thanks, but I am only there for a short time.
Looking for something close by as shopping for firearms is a secondary objective for this trip.
View Quote

if it's of any interest to you, I do know LWRC is headquartered down that way, just over the Maryland line in Cambridge but I can't find a definitive answer as to whether or not they have a storefront.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:05:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JThompson] [#6]

if it's of any interest to you, I do know LWRC is headquartered down that way, just over the Maryland line in Cambridge but I can't find a definitive answer as to whether or not they have a storefront.
View Quote

Never heard of them and just looked them up and not really what I am looking for.

I know it is going to be near impossible now with the way things are but I am hoping to find a decent sized store with a good variety of firearms I can actually handle.
More in line with Walther PDP. Can't decide on the 4.5 or 5 inch and these people have some of the better prices.
Also would like to check out some Kimber 1911s and hoping to find Dan Wesson 1911s but those are like unicorns right now.

It is also the reason why I posted in another thread in the DE section about Gun Shows.
Was hoping there was one happening early April.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Never heard of them and just looked them up and not really what I am looking for.

I know it is going to be near impossible now with the way things are but I am hoping to find a decent sized store with a good variety of firearms I can actually handle.
More in line with Walther PDP. Can't decide on the 4.5 or 5 inch and these people have some of the better prices.
Also would like to check out some Kimber 1911s and hoping to find Dan Wesson 1911s but those are like unicorns right now.

It is also the reason why I posted in another thread in the DE section about Gun Shows.
Was hoping there was one happening early April.
View Quote

Talked to a buddy down that way, he said Best Shot is a decent shop, located in Rehoboth. I'd give them a look.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Talked to a buddy down that way, he said Best Shot is a decent shop, located in Rehoboth. I'd give them a look.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
If you came up Dover area I would say Shooters Choice or a little farther , Molly's.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:39:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JThompson] [#10]
Originally Posted By VAbull:
If you came up Dover area I would say Shooters Choice or a little farther , Molly's.
View Quote

Will keep them in mind, but checking their web site and their prices and the same or higher as others.
The reason for checking out the Hocker's Store is their GB prices are better than most others and was hoping they had a larger selection within an actual store.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#11]
As far as store fronts north of the canal. X ring probably has the best prices.  First state firearms would have the best selection but I feel their prices are high.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By thetonk:
As far as store fronts north of the canal. X ring probably has the best prices.  First state firearms would have the best selection but I feel their prices are high.
View Quote

Thanks. That about a 90 minute. Not too bad.
Time permitting I may be able to check it out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thetonk:
View Quote

Agreed, first state’s prices are high on just about everything. I bought a VG6 Gamma for $27 online and they wanted $80 for one
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:52:59 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Same guy as they use the same address, but I can't find an FFL issued to him to his name or his business name.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top