Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2021 11:45:09 PM EDT
I'm hitting up lake killarney on Father's day, targeting bluegill.  I haven't been able to beat killarney for bluegill these past few years, does anybody have other lake recommendations they don't mind sharing?

I haven't had much luck going for crappie, but would love to get some of those too.

I'm out in south king county btw.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't caught any since moving here, just trout and salmon.  But wherever there are bluegill, there's largemouth and I like those.  Let me know if you find a good spot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't caught any since moving here, just trout and salmon.  But wherever there are bluegill, there's largemouth and I like those.  Let me know if you find a good spot.
View Quote

Well, I fished killarney for a good 3 hours today, not a single bluegill. It must be a little too cold for them, but I know they're in there.

I did catch about 40 perch though. Or the same dumb one 40 times?
And that's not even an exaggeration. Most casts got a 4 to 8 inch perch on a crappie magnet or trout magnet.

When it gets warmer I'll probably have better luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top