Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/12/2021 9:54:21 PM EST
I know there are a lot of shops in the area that do in store consignments, but is there any that would put your firearms on auction sites like gun broker for a fee. I don't want to deal with listing, packing, shipping. etc. preferably one that also does nfa items. I know about places like Rock Island & Morphy but once again I would have to pack & ship to them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:11:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/13/2021 1:12:27 PM EST by Spade]
I THINK GFR in Fredericksburg does, but I'm not 100% sure.

ETA: I missed it was a NFA item, I don't think GFR can do NFA.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:05:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/13/2021 2:13:01 PM EST by HansohnBrothers]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:45:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By ruffhowzer:
I know there are a lot of shops in the area that do in store consignments, but is there any that would put your firearms on auction sites like gun broker for a fee. I don't want to deal with listing, packing, shipping. etc. preferably one that also does nfa items. I know about places like Rock Island & Morphy but once again I would have to pack & ship to them.
View Quote

where are you in VA?

I'm a FFL/SOT that has brokered NFA items before,

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:13:52 PM EST
Maybe Vienna Arsenal?

I've been at the post office before when they're shipping out a cart full of boxed up guns, and it sounded like it wasn't the first time they had done so.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:57:34 PM EST
Thanks for help. A lot of good ideas here that I will investigate. Many say put them on Gun Broker myself .the issue is I just don't have the time & know how(old bommer). I work crazy hours and don't want to spend my off time trying to watch my auctions and also be able to pack & ship in a timely matter. I have been putting some of my stuff on consignment locally. But feel some of the more unusual/higher end stuff would do better with a larger audience. I only have a few nfa items that I am gonna sell. I am in the Fredericksburg, Spotys. area for those that have asked.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:13:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/15/2021 6:13:29 PM EST by HansohnBrothers]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:08:52 PM EST
Purcell's Custom Firearms in Orange can sell on Gunbroker for you. They can also deal with the class 3 stuff. I've bought and sold there on a few occasions and have been happy with the whole process.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:29:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2021 12:38:06 PM EST by freeride1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
Maybe Vienna Arsenal?

I've been at the post office before when they're shipping out a cart full of boxed up guns, and it sounded like it wasn't the first time they had done so.
View Quote
They do Gunbroker auctions and consignments.  They also buy a lot of inventory to sell directly.  Worth a call to see if they would consign an auction.  I don't think they do class III although last time I asked (probably a year ago) they indicated that may be changing.

I will say, for anything class III there is nobody that makes it easier than Hansohn Brothers.  It's easier to do a form 4 with them than it is to do a standard transfer at many other gun shops.
Top Top