Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2023 11:25:11 AM EDT
Going to be in the Monterey area for about a month.

Any recommendations on what to do, see and eat?  Looks like lots of good hiking.  Obviously gotta take the kids to the aquarium.  

Guessing there's not a lot of spots to go shooting.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/government/departments-i-z/public-works-facilities-parks/county-parks/list-of-county-parks/rifle-pistol-range

https://www.theinfatuation.com/monterey/guides/the-best-restaurants-in-monterey?utm_campaign=cm&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_source=google&utm_audience=nat&utm_term=trad

That should help a little.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
@CarmelBytheSea

Look at Quail Lodge and the Land Rover Experience. I want to do that.

Dive Monterey Bay.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:25:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Dennis the Menace Park.  Lots of pretty areas for driving/walking.    Point Lobos and south to Big Sur.  Kind of depends on if they get it all open.  Just driving out along the coast through Pacific Grove is nice.  Thre's a small scenic steam railroad in Felton near Santa Cruz.  Fisherman's Wharf is small but not tourist hell like San Franciscos.   Also boat tours of various sorts.  Maybe whale watch?   Not sure on all the area redwood forests/parks between fires and floods but worth checking out.  Sacramento has some interesting museums although you may need to be careful where you stay or just do a long day trip.  Yosemite is not that far.  Got to keep up with conditions as to what's open and and lodging nearby.  They aren't doing reservations right now but limited open roads.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Go surfing.  Standing up and riding a wave is one of the greatest feelings in life.
https://bigsurfadventures.com/
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Re: Surfing.  Avoid late summer early fall.  The sharks tend to gather to eat baby seals at that time.  And what does a surfer look like in a black wet suit?  The experts always call the attacks "rare".  But since 2003 there have been at least 8 attacks in the bay.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... The experts always call the attacks "rare".  But since 2003 there have been at least 8 attacks in the bay.
View Quote

In 20 years there's been eight attacks.  If I think about how many people got into the water over that 20 years and only eight of them got chomped....
Yeah, I'm taking my chances and getting in.
If I do get chomped on I'll go buy my first lottery ticket
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top