Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/7/2021 2:31:11 AM EDT
I've always wanted to learn archery, but never had a chance.  With ammo prices through the roof, and the fact that I can practice at home, I figure now might not be a bad time.  I'm not looking to hunt - just shoot.  I'm sure it is a good skill to have regardless.

I have zero experience with archery, however.  I don't want to screw anything up, so I'd like to find a shop that can get me set up with an appropriate size and draw-weight.  I'm in the Cleveland area, but I'd be willing to drive a bit to buy from a shop where they really know their shit.  I don't mind paying a little more if the staff can save me a headache, or injury, down the road.

Post up any suggestions you might have.  I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#1]
My go to shop is Great Lakes outdoors in middlefield. They have an indoor range there as well. They can measure you up and guide you in the right direction
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My go to shop is Great Lakes outdoors in middlefield. They have an indoor range there as well. They can measure you up and guide you in the right direction
View Quote

Beat by an hour
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Great Lakes in Middlefield. There is also another bow shop in Middlefield called Ohio Premier Archery.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Another vote for Great Lakes in Middlefield. There is also another bow shop in Middlefield called Ohio Premier Archery.
View Quote

Wasn’t that the old Geauga Bow? Those dudes are pretty cool too
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wasn’t that the old Geauga Bow? Those dudes are pretty cool too
View Quote

Yes, I believe so. New location though, on South State behind Cinda’s.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out Bounce Archery over in New Franklin. Nice indoor range as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
American Sportsman in Columbia Station used to be good.  I haven't been there in years, so I am not even sure if they are still open??  A former co-worker bought a Matthews Q2 from them and had them set it up with everything, including arrows, broadheads and an SKB hard case.  He spent a pile on it, then sold it to me a year later for pennies on the dollar, when he could make his mortgage payment.  I still have it and shoot it occasionally......

Bounce was already mentioned.  My kids took lessons there.  Great staff.  Very friendly and knowledgeable, and great with kids.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, everyone.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Hunters Outlet in  Mogadore  great customer service , the sell bows & Crossbows
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hunters Outlet in  Mogadore  great customer service , the sell bows & Crossbows
View Quote

I just stumbled across that place a couple weeks ago, after picking up a deer from Dumas.  I was wondering what the heck it was all about.  I'll have to stop in and check it out.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Tagged for interest. I did archery for a while as a kid, but I’d like to get back into it again,
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top