Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/3/2023 4:11:51 PM EDT
What’s up with using my DL number to check my DOB…
I asked the cashier an she stated “it’s making sure it’s actually you” because you gotta be 18 to buy rifle ammo.
She didn’t say what she put my DL number into
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Not an employee, but I do my part to keep them employed.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Same.
Although the Fin in Boardman reduced there powder section from 20' down to 5' for some reason.

If that's the new normal, I see myself curtailing my visits substantially.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Same.
Although the Fin in Boardman reduced there powder section from 20' down to 5' for some reason.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.

Bass Pro will be opening by years end, may provide an additional outlet for you, albeit at a higher price.

Have you tried Stockers in Champion ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bass Pro will be opening by years end, may provide an additional outlet for you, albeit at a higher price.

View Quote

I was at Stockers about 10 years ago.
Nice shop, but a bit of a drive from EP.

Bass Pro?

Where? First I'm hearing of this.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I asked the cashier an she stated “it’s making sure it’s actually you” because you gotta be 18 to buy rifle ammo.
View Quote

Sorry, I'm no help OP.

I've bought guns and reloading components but never any ammo.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bass Pro?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bass Pro?

Niles Eastwood Mall.  Where Gander Mountain was.

https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news/major-outdoor-recreation-retailer-moving-into-eastwood-mall-complex/amp/

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bass Pro?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bass Pro?

From what I understand, the daughter is now running Stockers.  Pricing is more inline with reality and a decent selection.  I still have heartburn from when the old man ran it.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, had no idea.

Might plan a trip to Stockers in the near future.

Sorry to derail your thread OP.

Entirely my fault
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:37:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I use to as well but they took my DL number and I heard her reading it off while typing it in.
I asked if this was new and she said “it’s to make sure it’s actually you”
Which shocked me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks, had no idea.

Might plan a trip to Stockers in the near future.

Sorry to derail your thread OP.

Entirely my fault
View Quote

Making me all jealous up here in Rossford where I don’t have Stockers
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm currently sitting in a MedExpress to get a pre employment drug screening but I might take a ride to the Fin in Boardman (looking for some Red Dot powder)

I'll ask about it when/if I get to go.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In the old niles gander.

Now to the OP'S question. I have bought several guns on sale at Fin.

The usual process is gun counter guy completes paperwork, gets your approval, supervisor double checks, gun is taken to cashier.

Cashier takes your payment, double checks that person receiving firearm is the person who completed approved paperwork, hands you your new gun.

With a store this large and of this volume, it's really a process.

View Quote

Mine was just ammo. That she said my DL number out loud while typing it into the computer. Then she said I have to double check to see if it’s actually you. Which shocked me. Because what program is she putting my DL number into.
When I go to Bass pro to buy ammo or any other local store they just check my age and give it back to me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Mine was just ammo. That she said my DL number out loud while typing it into the computer. Then she said I have to double check to see if it’s actually you. Which shocked me. Because what program is she putting my DL number into.
When I go to Bass pro to buy ammo or any other local store they just check my age and give it back to me.
View Quote

What's scary is that they probably don't even know what happens with your information. Sadly, I think this is going to become the new normal, especially as the feds try to transition to a digital currency.

May or may not be related: I always have to show my ID at Lowe's when I use their military discount, so they can verify that I am the individual associated with the phone number in the system. Yesterday was the first time the employee took my ID and scanned it, before I could ask what she was doing. When I asked why she scanned it and what happens with my information, she said "I don't know. It's just the new thing we have to do."
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sorry, I'm no help OP.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I'm no help OP.

Denny's in Hubbard is the hidden gem for powder and primers.  Especially if you become a regular there.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What's scary is that they probably don't even know what happens with your information. Sadly, I think this is going to become the new normal, especially as the feds try to transition to a digital currency.

May or may not be related: I always have to show my ID at Lowe's when I use their military discount, so they can verify that I am the individual associated with the phone number in the system. Yesterday was the first time the employee took my ID and scanned it, before I could ask what she was doing. When I asked why she scanned it and what happens with my information, she said "I don't know. It's just the new thing we have to do."
View Quote

Well, they probably recoup that 10% discount they give you by selling your info.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#18]
this reminds me last year i went into range usa and bought a magpul ctr stock. nothing else, just the stock. they said they needed my id to purchase and swiped it in their computer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, they probably recoup that 10% discount they give you by selling your info.
View Quote

You're probably not wrong.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Does FFF charge a transfer fee on guns bought in store? Thinking of picking up a few lowers...
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#21]
FFF always has the best and consistent service in the Ashland and Canton locations, don't know about the others
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FFF always has the best and consistent service in the Ashland and Canton locations, don't know about the others
View Quote
Good service at the Middleburg Heights location on Bagley Road. Decent gun counter, but not nearly as much reloading stuff as Ashland.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rossford does a great job.

Fantastic employees. As good as the service I got at Ashland.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does FFF charge a transfer fee on guns bought in store? Thinking of picking up a few lowers...
View Quote

There is not a transfer fee on guns/lowers purchased in store.  I picked up a couple of Anderson $39 lower a few months ago w/o any fee except tax.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#25]
wasn't it the son that took over a few years ago and that's when they really expanded their locations?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There is not a transfer fee on guns/lowers purchased in store.  I picked up a couple of Anderson $39 lower a few months ago w/o any fee except tax.
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
this reminds me last year i went into range usa and bought a magpul ctr stock. nothing else, just the stock. they said they needed my id to purchase and swiped it in their computer.
View Quote

I would have said no effin’ way. And then walked out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I would have said no effin' way. And then walked out.
View Quote
wasnt it point blank or something in Delaware of 23 north? i guess the place changed owners already?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top