Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
11/2/2022 4:30:06 PM
Posted: 7/26/2022 3:50:35 PM EST
I’m down near Wilmington and I’m looking for a range that has a bit of freedom. I’ve looked in to Ant Hill and the other one, but both have waiting lists and I’m looking for a range that allows a little more dynamic practice and doesn’t feel so Fuddy.

Does anyone here have a membership to Clear Run Sports in Harrell, NC?  It looks like a good range and it’s far enough out that it shouldn’t be too crowded.

Thanks.
brownells
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:55:14 PM EST
[#1]
I'm down here too, no where I know of that I can get in to go since the waiting lists are full. So tag for anything really
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:09:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: treasurediver] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gerkyn:
I'm down here too, no where I know of that I can get in to go since the waiting lists are full. So tag for anything really
View Quote

I contacted Tony Cowden and bought a day pass. I plan to check it out next week. I’ll check back in to report.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:42:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: treasurediver] [#3]
I got out to visit and shoot on the Clear Run Sports range. Being used to county-maintained LEO ranges, it felt a lot like a guy with an excavator made a range.  A really nice range, but it lacked the polish of a professional range. However, it lacked nothing else. You were free to shoot wherever you wanted and there were several 50 yard or so ranges with cars, barriers and platforms to use and one 100 yard range. You are allowed to draw, shoot and move as long as you are safe. Few ranges allow that anymore.

I needed to zero a few guns so I headed to the 100 yards range. Thankfully it was in the shade. I zeroed my guns and only saw one other person, an employee. It was a great experience. You don’t even have to police your brass, but I couldn’t help myself, I had to. I also found about 100 pieces of 300BLK brass so I grabbed that and put it in my brass stash.

I plan on joining the range. For $400 a year it’s a good place to shoot.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:53:18 PM EST
[#4]
Looking online the day pass says you have to be the guest of a member?
Did they have steel hanging?
Full auto allowed?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:49:55 PM EST
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gerkyn:
Looking online the day pass says you have to be the guest of a member?
Did they have steel hanging?
Full auto allowed?
View Quote

I brought my own targets. I contacted Tony Cowden of Capable Inc. on Instagram and he told me to disregard the member part of the day pass, but I would definitely contact him to get permission if I were you. I got asked by an employee which member I was with and I told him that Tony okayed my visitor pass.

I only shot on the 100 yard range, but I brought my own targets. I didn’t see any steel up on the other ranges, but based on a discussion they had on their Instagram page it wasn’t AR500 and someone shot it all with a rifle. They are in the process of buying AR500 steel.

The rules say ‘No illegal weapons’ so I’m assuming full auto is fine if owned legally. The berms are a little short, watch that muzzle rise.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 7:06:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: Arrrrrr] [#6]
I just joined. Its somewhere I cannot blow things up with Tannerite but it will do....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top