Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2021 8:51:02 PM EDT
What does the crowd here think> - any words or interest in the political arena or is the state government not got it in it anymore?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
They'll probably pass one when old gap tooth is governor knowing it won't be signed so they can scream "look at what we did!" even though they didn't want it to pass to start with. This has happened multiple times relating to guns under Deal.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I doubt it. They should. I would build the hell out of some cans and cut some shotguns down the instant this became law
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
They couldn't manage constitutional carry here so I doubt they care enough about 2A rights to even try.  From my perspective as a new GA resident, the GOP consists mostly of RINO's.

It's sad that a state like Georgia, the heart of the South, can't even manage what Oklahoma has.  I lived in OK most of my life and the state was so far behind everyone else it was just embarrassing.  A new governor later and they are so far ahead of Georgia it's mind boggling.  What we need is a real Republican governor who will put his house in order like Kevin Stitt did for Oklahoma.  It's amazing how fast things can change with the right governor.

There are only very small parts of GA that are blue but they have enough liberal voters to control the state it looks like.  Until Republicans start showing up for elections there's little to no hope for GA.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The focus over the years has been to ignore constitutional carry in favor of eliminating restrictions on where you can carry and how you can carry/transport guns and knives. Practical easing of day-to-day living.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe MTG or Andrew Clyde. He seems solid.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Sadly, this sums it up
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe MTG or Andrew Clyde. He seems solid.
View Quote

They are in Congress, not the GA legislature.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are in Congress, not the GA legislature.
View Quote
Reading is fundamental I was thinking national level for some reason.

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They couldn't manage constitutional carry here so I doubt they care enough about 2A rights to even try.  From my perspective as a new GA resident, the GOP consists mostly of RINO's.

It's sad that a state like Georgia, the heart of the South, can't even manage what Oklahoma has.  I lived in OK most of my life and the state was so far behind everyone else it was just embarrassing.  A new governor later and they are so far ahead of Georgia it's mind boggling.  What we need is a real Republican governor who will put his house in order like Kevin Stitt did for Oklahoma.  It's amazing how fast things can change with the right governor.

There are only very small parts of GA that are blue but they have enough liberal voters to control the state it looks like.  Until Republicans start showing up for elections there's little to no hope for GA.
View Quote

A lot of the older GOP members are former democrats who switched parties ~20 years ago because they saw the political writing on the wall. What used to be called “blue dog democrats” now infest the GOP. The first “Republican” governor of GA since Reconstruction, Sonny Perdue, was a former democrat. His successor, Nathan Deal, was a democrat congressman before he was the “republican” governor.

A pox on them all.

ETA Oklahoma is not being infested by people leaving CA, NY, NJ and PA. When GA decided to import Hollywood to Atlanta, all they saw were $$$$, they never stopped to think of the political ramifications of such a drastic demographic shift.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The focus over the years has been to ignore constitutional carry in favor of eliminating restrictions on where you can carry and how you can carry/transport guns and knives. Practical easing of day-to-day living.
View Quote

While I find permits philosophically abhorrent, the amount of progress we’ve made in the last 10-20 years is significant. And we were ahead of the curve compared to other states on a lot of issues, particularly with regards to firearms in vehicles and drastically reducing the number of “off limits” carry locations.

Most of this progress is due to Georgia Carry. If you’re not a member, I encourage everyone to join and/or donate. The NRA has had fuckall to do with the gains we’ve made in GA.

Sure, we could still be better, but we could also be a lot worse off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top