Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2022 10:38:10 PM EDT
I have a few guns I have sold and need to ship to FFLs in other states. In the past I used Gun Envy in Columbus and they only charged like $25 to ship. Haven’t had to ship anything since they closed, is there any other FFL in Columbus that does this?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
you are allowed to ship it to an ffl yourself. no rules say you can't. But I have heard some FFL's wont except from privet person. and that is complete BS. I use FedX never an issue

But you can call Buckey lake Armory  he is pretty cool to deal with https://buckeyelakearmory.com/
or Excalibur's in Circleville i hear does it as well
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:15:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Alpha Star Tactical in Columbus charges $30 plus shipping plus insurance for outbound transfers

https://www.alphastartactical.com/outbound-transfer.html

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you are allowed to ship it to an ffl yourself. no rules say you can't. But I have heard some FFL's wont except from privet person. and that is complete BS. I use FedX never an issue

But you can call Buckey lake Armory  he is pretty cool to deal with https://buckeyelakearmory.com/
View Quote

I believe shippers such as UPS and FedEx won’t accept firearm shipments from non-FFLs these days.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I believe shippers such as UPS and FedEx won’t accept firearm shipments from non-FFLs these days.
View Quote

The UPS hub in Chillicothe accepts from private individuals if you are shipping to a FFL. But UPS requires you to use two day air which is about $80. A FFL holder may ship via ground service for a much lower rate.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
Alpha Star Tactical in Columbus charges $30 plus shipping plus insurance for outbound transfers

https://www.alphastartactical.com/outbound-transfer.html

View Quote

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will be calling them later.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The UPS hub in Chillicothe accepts from private individuals if you are shipping to a FFL. But UPS requires you to use two day air which is about $80. A FFL holder may ship via ground service for a much lower rate.
View Quote

Thanks. That reminds me, have you looked at “Ship My Gun” ?  Somehow you can use their FFL to ship a firearm to whoever you sold it to. UPS / FedEx will accept their FFL and you pay the lower rate.

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a previous FFL holder and it is real easy to ship a firearm, you just need to ensure you follow federal and any state laws (I gave up on shipping anything into Kalifornia).
Step 1- create an account with fedex/ups.
Step 2- use the online system to create your shipment. I think you can even print the label at the shipping center niw days but not 100% on that. Under the cintents put "Rem 870" make and model, insure for what you want, REQUIRE AN ADULT SIGNATURE.
Step 3- drop your ready to go package off AT a hub, not a ups store/kinkos (do those even exist any more?). Take a copy of the receiving FFL with ypu IF asked. Most of the counter people have no clue what the fed, state or their business' rules are and simply turn you away or make things more complicated, have talked guns with some after dropping package off. Individuals can NOT ship handguns USPS, long guns are ok.  individuals may ship a handgun or long gun to themselves care of an outfitter for hunting purposes, no FFL required.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Not central, more western Ohio.
JJ Gun in Brookville will ship for little more than the shipping cost which they get a better rate than most individuals so it's very reasonable.
No box, no problem, they have tons.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Powder Room Firearms will ship for you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a few guns I have sold and need to ship to FFLs in other states. In the past I used Gun Envy in Columbus and they only charged like $25 to ship. Haven’t had to ship anything since they closed, is there any other FFL in Columbus that does this?
View Quote

The shop is still open under Excalibur. Shipping is around $35.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Rifle….USPS is the way to go.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Ship my gun has  proven to be a very convenient and economical way to ship in my experience.  I was skeptical at first but it has worked without flaw.  Only hitch is the need to drop off at an actual shipping counter and not a franchise( UPS store).
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Shipped a handgun through my FedEx local branch once. Did all the shipping info on their website and they printed the label there. Did 2-Day shipping.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I wanted to update this. Thanks for all of the suggestions. Since Excalibur was the closest I started with them. Called first and the lady was very polite, said they charge “around” $25 depending on where it was going. Stopped in after work and it came out to just under $27. Can’t complain and easily saved me some cash. I would recommend them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I haven't been to GE in years also as I use to do transfers with them 100% even with the moody-ass staff, last I knew they merged with another gunshop and I guess it went to shit from there?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I haven't been to GE in years also as I use to do transfers with them 100% even with the moody-ass staff, last I knew they merged with another gunshop and I guess it went to shit from there?
View Quote

I was a huge fan of Gun Envy and pretty much used them exclusively for everything for a few years. At some point the owner of Excalibur bought out (or possibly merged) with Gun Envy and the transition was rough. Overnight the transfer fees went up and multiple guns were no longer transferred for the same fee. The problem was, no one was told so you had people showing up and getting hit with the new fees and didn't even know Gun Envy was no longer in business. Prices were also very high, high enough to make Vance's look like a bargain (not knocking Vance's, they charge a premium but usually have a good selection in stock). Over the past few years Excalibur has started to adapt and turn things around, prices have come closer to main stream on most items (they had Pmags for around $11), customer service has definitely improved. I am hearing from satisfied customers at the gun range. My experience yesterday was very positive and the lady working the counter was very helpful. I would recommend them at this point. Would not have a few years ago.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top