Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2020 10:06:26 PM EDT
It's looking like we are gonna have to head south for the wifes job.

Finding listings for rural and Farm property is slim, and will be needing a bird dog in that area.

If we gotta pay a Realtor, I'd rather it be one of our own here.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#1]
PM sent....
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR167:
PM sent....
View Quote
Thanks!!!

Got it. Will get back with you.
All of a sudden we are looking at East Felciana now.

Real estate down there is quite a bit inflated compared to here..and it seems everyone lives in a HOA or subdivision.
Kinda weird not having basements either. LOL!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeh, prices are rising in East and West Feliciana due to creep from Baton Rouge. I think my guy can find you something though...
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If you end up buying some farm/rural property and need financing, let me know.  My brother is in that business.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
In same boat as OP.  Any in NW La.  North of Shreveport/Bossier area?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Well... I missed the boat on this one. I am a REALTOR in the greater BR board, I am familiar with the area and I specifically deal with land. So..... if you have any questions that haven’t been answered or need any additional help, let me know.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:24:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HEdad:
Well... I missed the boat on this one. I am a REALTOR in the greater BR board, I am familiar with the area and I specifically deal with land. So..... if you have any questions that haven’t been answered or need any additional help, let me know.
View Quote

Will do!
We will be moving in the near future, and just wanting to get a look at bang for buck, in the area.

Slaughter and a couple more areas are also on the table.

Thanks much!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:27:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Logan45:
If you end up buying some farm/rural property and need financing, let me know.  My brother is in that business.
View Quote

Good to know!

We will be downsizing quite a bit, and liquidating a farm operation, but financing has some advantages.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m going to say that cleared raw land WILL fetch between $12,500-32,000 per acre in the areas you’re interested in right now. The closer to popular areas, the higher the price obviously. If you’re looking to spend $10,000 per acre, I would advise you to seriously consider upping your price point or looking in a different area. Definitely NOT ascension parish though. Our prices are insane and the politics for development are absurd. The Baker area has some solid parcels available at decent pricing, however most people are concerned with the schools. I’ve got 3 buyers and 2 sellers in the area
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, it seems like all the land in Ascension is getting sold off for new construction neighborhoods.

Sent from the couch in a DSLD house
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:55:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#11]
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
Yep, it seems like all the land in Ascension is getting sold off for new construction neighborhoods.

Sent from the couch in a DSLD house
View Quote

No shit! You can’t make it a mile in any direction without hitting a new DSLD or worse, DR Horton community popping up. I’m over Ascension. I moved here 3 years ago and I want out. The assholes on the zoning and planning board are absolute crooks and liars. I really thought the Pelican area and Conway would continue building on the high end of upper-middle class. Bluff road is the ONLY stretch of Ascension that is stable, and that’s only because it dead ends into one of the wealthiest suburbs of Baton Rouge.

Nope! Let’s build a bunch of small spec houses with vinyl siding right next to custom built homes. Ascension parish officials have made it clear they will approve nothing but starter homes. Bet those are going to be some lovely neighborhoods in 10-15 years.

Rant over. Wife and I are looking for land now. We actually talked about St Francisville. Beautiful area but she wants to live on the water. May go to Springfield (Tickfaw).
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Springfield can be really nice. Keep in mind though that Hammond/Ponchatoula can’t go anymore East and while there is some expansion north, they’ll most likely go west.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HEdad:
Springfield can be really nice. Keep in mind though that Hammond/Ponchatoula can’t go anymore East and while there is some expansion north, they’ll most likely go west.
View Quote

Yeah but on the river? It’s mostly swamp. There is that neighborhood right across from the public launch on the Tickfaw that never really took off. Nice dredged canals.

I like the Diversion canal but its too hodgepodge. Million dollar homes mixed in with LP trash. Not really my style.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:17:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HEdad] [#14]
Sure, there will be renewed development in that area. As people move out of the city, they’ll most likely snatch up the old in fill lots that weren’t purchased the first go around. I’m not saying don’t go there, just know it won’t always be peaceful and quiet once the city starts to really expand.

I would love to be able to go into older parts of Baton Rouge and redevelop it into newer homes. I cannot stand seeing entire strips of woods torn down for 200 houses to be slapped up 60 days at a time only to see them run down dumps in 10-15 years.

Also, the $$$$ homes next to old ass trailers and slap together camps is part of it. They’ve been there for awhile, but once they get bought/tore down and something nice built, they won’t be coming back.

I use that as an advantage when buying knowing that the property will appraise less than what it could because of the rickety shit next door. How many 100 year old trailers are there around?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top