Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2020 3:38:00 PM EDT
Hi all.  I have Hexmag 10/30’s and find them to be great mags for my humble purposes.  I would however like 10/20 mags so they’re not sticking out so far.  I’m not seeing a factory option at this point unless my Google-fu is jacked up again.  I know I can no longer modify 20 rounders to take 10.  Heaven forbid!  

Are there factory 10/20’s I am not seeing?

If not, can we purchase the state compliant 10/20 modified mags from vendors who do the work themselves or is this illegal?  Hate to pay the price but if that’s my only option I’ll grab a few.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Pains me to modify mags so I just buy the 10 rounders and suffer in silence
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 6:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sparrer:
Pains me to modify mags so I just buy the 10 rounders and suffer in silence 
View Quote

this.

just grab a shitload of 10 round magpuls. we cant have more than 10, so why get a modified sealed mag that you can't disassemble and clean.

FPM.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a few 10/20 mags that I like for offhand.  Best deal I've seen is the guy at Oaks Gun Show. They have the huge setup in the left front corner of the show.  The sell a ton of Magpul stuff there and will assemble an upper on the spot if you want them too.  I forget their name but the owner might be Asian or Filipino and his wife always wear a plain dress like the Amish. (not trying to sound racist, I just don't know)  Anyhow, they will pin them on the spot cheaper than you can buy the parts and do it yourself.

Might be called Precision Firearms, not sure
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sparrer:
Pains me to modify mags so I just buy the 10 rounders and suffer in silence 
View Quote

This^. Taking a 10/20 mag to the range is asking for some piece of pig shit to get up in your face because the idiot thinks it looks illegal.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mongo_Bongo:

This^. Taking a 10/20 mag to the range is asking for some piece of pig shit to get up in your face because the idiot thinks it looks illegal.
View Quote

Not once have I ever seen this happen or heard of it happening
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Shooter_556:

Not once have I ever seen this happen or heard of it happening
View Quote

Warning issued coc 6
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I like 10/20 p mags for shooting off a bench
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Shooter_556:

Not once have I ever seen this happen or heard of it happening
View Quote

I have absolutely had that happen to me while at the range, in PA even, guy noticed plates on truck started giving me shit. Ended up giving him the 10/30 to try stuffing more than 10 in it he huffed and left.

Was not looking forward to drive back home after that for sure thinking the guy called the njsp
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By scatterbrains:

I have absolutely had that happen to me while at the range, in PA even, guy noticed plates on truck started giving me shit. Ended up giving him the 10/30 to try stuffing more than 10 in it he huffed and left.

Was not looking forward to drive back home after that for sure thinking the guy called the njsp
View Quote

Guy: Hey are those 30 round mags.

Me : Go fuck yourself.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Usually I'd agree but when the prick could have easily called my plate into the gestapo no thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top