Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/30/2017 2:35:46 AM EDT
I get that a button buck or a spike buck (as long as it's not forked I believe) are considered antlerless.

What about a shed buck?
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, technically a shed buck is antlerless. Unless the buck is really close and you can see the spots where the antlers were attached I don't know how else you could tell the difference in the usual time frame that a hunter looks at a deer before shooting it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Something that came up in a discussion from another state in GD-is a spike legal on an antlerless only tag? Don't remember the state but a guy posted pics of a buck he'd shot that wasn't big enough to be considered "antlered" but to legally be antlerless they had to be less than 3 inches. I always assumed a deer was antlered or antlerless, nothing in between. Apparently, in at least some states there's also deer that aren't legal on either tag.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top