Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2023 4:02:44 PM EDT
Daughter and SIL are packing up everything in ATL GA and getting out. She has accepted a position at the Young Life camp there.  
Here’s the problem.  She cannot find nearby rental property that accepts a dog.  Seems there are either limited listings online or just nothing to be found.
Anyone got any good input on a place for them to look?  
At this point everything might be going in storage and they’ll live at the camp or with someone she works with there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Lex, will ask around
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in Lex, will ask around
View Quote

Awesome!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the ones I know of are already booked, with the college summer sessions right around the corner.

I did a search for Rockbridge County, which hopefully is of use as well. If living right in Lexington is a must, you will be paying a lot more and significantly constrained.

Link
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Just an update, they did secure a rental home over the weekend. It looks like a hundred year old place, sagging roof, cabinets don’t even line up it’s so bad.  $1500 a month.  Now the SIL has to find a job. At least he’s not too proud to do anything for a paycheck.  Hell, he was a cop in GA for a while but changed jobs for more money installing appliances in high end homes and mansions around the Atl area.   I told him it looks like that gig is up now in this area just by looking at the housing market.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a LOT of money in Lexington (and in Rockbridge County)- but little of it is productive money for the local economy.  Less than 55% of the 16 and older local population works. Lots of retirees who wanted to move here for the beauty and history- who then advocate for policies that destroy or bar local jobs since they have no skin in the game.  Two of the largest employers and land-owners are both colleges who are tax-exempt, which further unbalances everything economically.  There were tons of manufacturers in the local area 30 years ago, now there are few (but they are generally hiring much the time).  As an example the asphalt plant is in the crosshairs because the retirees don't like seeing the smoke or smelling it when they drive by.

I love the area and if you have a good job it's a great place in many, many ways.  If you don't have that aspect handled it is not a great place to be trying to figure that out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Our main office is in Lexington. Beautiful area with, what seems like, old school money.
I haven't been up there in a long while, but I remember Lexington being pretty liberal surrounded by a lot of red.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I remember Lexington being pretty liberal surrounded by a lot of red.
View Quote

Still accurate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top