Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2021 4:33:04 PM EDT
Closed on a roughly ten acre patch of woods in Missouri on Tuesday.

It's a pretty big leap and change for me.  I'm digging it so far.

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

Come and visit anytime.  Just be sure to call first
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Best of luck and enjoy the real America!
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats, best of luck in Free America!
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]

ETA: I just did some remembering.
There are occasionally some I Love New York commercials airing in PA.  I usually see them only when I'm watching the 11 O'Clock News.
(Which is about the Only time I watch TV)

Seeing all the I Left NY threads gave me an interesting Idea.
Which I dare somebody to produce.

Find people that left IL DUCE and The Rotten Apple Core.
Start a commercial series that has the phrase I Left New York to the exact same music the Lovers use.
Have the people that left New Jerk and show them before and After.  I left New Jerk and look how successful I/We Are now.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.

A "commercial" would be funny but Cuomo already stated something along the lines of NY is not for conservative people.   Besides, he's worried about saving his own ass (again).  I'm hoping something sticks this time.

The two closest politicians to cuomo went to jail (skelos and silver) but cuomo is clean?  Please.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations
hopefully I'm not far behind you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations
View Quote
Thanks.

It has been worth all the work and worry.  Set your goals and keep at it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations!  Wish you the best!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Congratulations
View Quote

This.

It’s a few years off, but I can almost taste it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Have fun with freedom!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.

It's a few years off, but I can almost taste it.
View Quote
Yep I gotta wait on the pension
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I will.
I need to get some better Internet.  One or two LTE bars isn't cutting it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I have some family in southern Missouri. One of the spots I'm considering moving to.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm digging it.
It's a lot like living in upstate NY but there's a lot more guns and booze.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 3:42:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks!

I'm unsure how Bill is operating the shop. I didn't leave on good terms.  I'm frustrated that it happened that way but glad the situation gave me the initiative to relocate.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That's too bad.
I was across the street at the off-road shop two weeks ago, and your place was closed. I didn't know at the time you had moved.

I wish you all the best in your new state. My roots are too deep for me to pull up just yet, but I daydream all the time.
View Quote

You and me both Brother!
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#22]
RMS Off-road is a great shop run by great people.  Seeing what they had in their parking lot was a job perk for me

It's still strange for me to be in a gun shop and see all the stuff that isn't NY compliant.

You all can visit anytime.  Just be sure to call first

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just wait...

The smiles just keep on coming.

View Quote
I hope so.

I spoke to the man who bred my dog. He's in NJ and seeking freedom by relocating to Iowa May 2022.  We were laughing that he will still only be one state away.

I'm in Ohio (Columbus) now while I wait for my foundation contractor to call me back to MO.  I'm having fun staying with family and being reunited with my motorcycles.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's still strange for me to be in a gun shop and see all the stuff that isn't NY compliant.
View Quote

My buddy had the same reaction when he was visiting two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No shit? I'm also in Columbus, well I live about an hour NE of Columbus but work in the metro.

PM me if you'd like to grab lunch sometime.
View Quote
I'll shoot you a PM!  Thanks
Quoted:

My buddy had the same reaction when he was visiting two weeks ago.
View Quote
For someone who sold guns in NYS for over fifteen years (25 if you count part time) I probably spent half my day focused on compliance.  I was mostly explaining the shitty laws, being asked to break the shitty laws or worrying about what non compliant transfer was going to arrive that day.  

Free state gun shops are just surreal. A box of stick mags out on the retail sales floor.  PMags galore.  Surpressors in glass cases. Pistols sold without a license and a trip to the licensing bureau.  'Merica!

It's a cool change.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Sweet.   My aunt married a good ole boy from Missouri.   The ole boy was a hunting fool and he talked highly of hunting back home.  I was glad to have hunted with him before he passed on.  

As he described it I think I could like it there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sweet.   My aunt married a good ole boy from Missouri.   The ole boy was a hunting fool and he talked highly of hunting back home.  I was glad to have hunted with him before he passed on.  

As he described it I think I could like it there.
View Quote
There's a lot to like in MO for sure.

I also heard too many NYers saying they were moving to NC,SC,FL or TN.  I like that MO doesn't tick their boxes.  

When I first looked at the place I bought I saw a quail running into my neighbor's property.  I took that as a good sign.  I hope to use a portion of my small acreage to attract wildlife. I'm not a big hunter but I do enjoy it and want to harvest game at home (lazy hunting at its finest).
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:28:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Tell me about it, Was just in Florida for 2 weeks and took the boys to a range to shoot handguns and my oldest comes into the range with an MP5 and 250 rds of ammo for it. They had the time of their lives shooting that thing.
View Quote

Class III?  Sweet Bro!
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Tell me about it, Was just in Florida for 2 weeks and took the boys to a range to shoot handguns and my oldest comes into the range with an MP5 and 250 rds of ammo for it. They had the time of their lives shooting that thing.
View Quote
Did you get pissed off on the flight home?
I used to get frustrated returning to the island.

I'm glad you're showing your sons the meaning of states rights and how different they can be.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had the chance to meet up with a long time member, and good looking dude, Hanz today for lunch.

He still had that New York stench, that Long Island accent, in that fear in his eye like he was going to get rolled up by the NYSP in a sting operation.

He will make a great addition to the Midwest group of freedom fighters.

Thanks for the company at lunch brother, and if you need anything while you're in Ohio please don't hesitate to reach out.
View Quote
Thanks Man!

Yeah, I'm trying to lose the NY 'tude and put it behind me.  Hahahahaha.  I'll show you on the doll where cuomo touched me.

Great meeting you. Thanks for reaching out to me and thanks for the warm welcome to Ohio.   Next time I'm buying.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'll show you on the doll where cuomo touched me.

View Quote

Put another one on the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
When my sister and brother-in-law go on vacation to the Pocono's, my brother-in-law takes my now 15 year old niece to a local range. Over the years she has fired AR's, AK's and some other weapons I have not taken the time to identify. This last trip in August they went and damn, she is a natural marksman. I could believe the targets she returned with. Vacations are the only time she shoots.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File
Quoted:

Put another one on the lawsuit.
View Quote
Just because I love this photo

He reminds me of the Santa in 48 Hours

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#38]
So today I strapped on a gun in MO and drove to KS.  Both states are constitutional carry.
Then in KS I met some Arfcommers and we shot together.  We shot machine guns and surpressed guns.  We shot to 870 yards.

I had so much freedom today my face hurts from smiling.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 6:53:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top