Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/6/2020 12:09:12 PM EDT
Figured I'd start a new thread.

Anyone have any recommendations on safe movers in the DSM area? Looking to have it taken off the moving truck and taken into the house via a walk-in. I thought there was a thread on this a while back, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

ETA: Tried 2 men and a truck, All Mighty Movers, Black Belt Movers, and Adamantine and all said they don't move anything over 7/800 lbs and no one had suggestions. I'd settle for just getting off the truck into the garage at this point. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sent you a message with contact info...hopefully it works out for ya!
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm free Monday and Tuesday, I'm down to help, I'm not a professional mover, but helped move a safe earlier this year.

That was just loading into the bed of a pickup, and off the bed of the pickup.

Anyone else willing to help out?
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Take the door off and it'll save you some weight.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI Kirby's Moving Co. Has agreed to do it. Pretty damn pricey, but they're only ones I could find who would return a phone call to move a safe of this size.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I’d be willing to help.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
How big is the safe?
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d be willing to help.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I’d be willing to help.

Much appreciated to everyone that offered. Issue is it'll be on a semi with no lift gate. Movers want it off their truck. The cost to get someone out to do just that part is 75% of what it would be to have them put it in the basement. Was almost at the point of renting a fork truck and driving it through the yard!

Quoted:
How big is the safe?

Exterior: 44"W x 26"D x 71"H
Weight: 1100 lbs.

Not tiny. I have another that's an RSC that the movers will just put on an appliance dolly and call it good.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Who loaded it on a semi without having a plan to get it off ??

kwg
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#9]
It's not on there yet

But that's the plan.

I honestly didn't figure it would be this big of an ordeal to find someone. Worst case my company has an account with Sunbelt, etc. and I'd rent a fork truck, etc. Was hoping someone would have an easy answer though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to move two ~1100 lbs safes back in 2016, rented a tracked skid steer with pallet forks.  Allowed me to take them from the walkout basement around the house to the front and place on them the truck.  A forklift you are limited to the street and driveway only and the cost are not much different.  The truck rental company (Penske) worked with me and on the other end I emptied the truck except the safes, went to the drop off place, transferred the safes from that truck to a truck with a lift gate and then went back to the location and unloaded them from the lift gate truck and then returned the lift gate truck in less than 4 hours and 30 miles of use.  Worked out as good as it could with what I had to work with at the time.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Kamala says you won't need that gun safe after January 20th.  They will move it for you then for free!  
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sure I could be persuaded to bring my tracked skidloader over and unload it for you

Pm me
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm sure I could be persuaded to bring my tracked skidloader over and unload it for you

Pm me
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pm me

You guys are awesome, much appreciated. Found an outfit that claims they'll do it reasonably that was recommended to me via PM here.

ETA: not the movers mentioned above.

Quoted:
Kamala says you won't need that gun safe after January 20th.  They will move it for you then for free!  

Always the optimist. It's just full of old pizza boxes and a few hundred thousand lost Trump ballots.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You guys are awesome, much appreciated. Found an outfit that claims they'll do it reasonably that was recommended to me via PM here.

ETA: not the movers mentioned above.

Always the optimist. It's just full of old pizza boxes and a few hundred thousand lost Trump ballots.
View Quote

Following up....Did you get it taken care of?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#15]
It has been a while Sam.  Now that you are back in the area, give me a call when you are ready to do some shooting. 515.554.7338

If you want to coach trap shooting, I may be able to point you into that direction as well.

Good to have you back in the area.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, safe is in the house, thanks again.

Those guys broke their backs to get it in there, but they need to add a 6-wheel dolly to their arsenal!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top