Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2023 3:56:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it too much to ask that a giant asteroid lands squarely on the Olympia capital?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it too much to ask that a giant asteroid lands squarely on the Olympia capital?
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
At least they are still shipping parts. I really hope none of the online retailers notice the parts part of this bill.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don’t forget Seattle
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless I’m reading this wrong that alert would seem to go against their self declared motto of ……..

OUR MISSION IS TO MAXIMIZE FREEDOM, NOT OUR PROFITS. WE WANT TO SELL AS MANY AR-15 AND AK-47 RIFLES AS WE CAN AND PUT THEM INTO COMMON USE IN AMERICA TODAY. OUR FOCUS ISN'T TO MAKE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY BUT TO SPREAD FREEDOM AS FAR AND WIDE AS POSSIBLE. OUR LEGACY WILL NOT BE ABOUT MONEY; WE WANT OUR LEGACY TO BE ABOUT MAXIMIZING AMERICAN FREEDOM. AND WE WORK EVERY DAY TO DO JUST THAT. WE MAKE HIGH-QUALITY FIREARMS AT AFFORDABLE PRICES FOR EVERYONE! THEN WE BACK THEM WITH A FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY.

I guess the idea of spreading freedom goes only as far as the communists at the state level say it can. Too bad. Just have to build out of 80% lowers going forward.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
At least they are still shipping parts. I really hope non of the online retailers notice the parts part of this bill.
View Quote

I think it's unclear what parts actually count as something that can make an assault rifle.

According to the broadest reading any part of an AR-15 is now banned including things like barrels, triggers and even roll pins.

But I don't think that interpretation would hold up in court where the defense gets the benefit of the doubt.

At the most I think it'll apply only to parts that are relate to the "evil features" and even then only when they are exclusive to an AR-15 or other banned firearm. A lot of "AR-15" parts can be used in other firearms, even if they are rare.

It might just end to being the lower or maybe the lower and the upper.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
We need to stop worrying what parts are banned and which ones aren’t. We need to worry more about fighting this unconstitutional BS and get it overturned once and for all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We need to stop worrying what parts are banned and which ones aren’t. We need to worry more about fighting this unconstitutional BS and get it overturned once and for all.
View Quote

Yeah, I agree in spirit, but my wallet says I should figure out what I will still be able to buy next month and put off ordering parts that aren't going to be banned
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm kinda hopeful we're going to find out "parts" are mostly not included due to the wording of the thing... we'll see when turdison and the lawyers come to guidance for retailers
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm kinda hopeful we're going to find out "parts" are mostly not included due to the wording of the thing... we'll see when turdison and the lawyers come to guidance for retailers
View Quote

They will absolutely need to provide guidance. Regardless of how they feel about guns/2A, the irrefutable reality is this will have a severe impact on local businesses and it is tier-one shitty political optics to dismiss that. I know the owner of one major retailer I won’t name here as I didn’t confirm if I could told me he stands to lose up to half his revenue. Much smaller LGSs could go out of business altogether.

A smarmy, arrogant, dismissive wave of the hand because ‘but guns, so don’t care’ is a dangerous stance for them to take, if that’s the road they choose. With that kind of precedence, you can bet if there were a republican-backed bill on another topic that also had impacts to businesses/livelihoods and the same ‘don’t care’ lens applied, there’d be a hue and cry from the progressives.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The timing matters.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Weird that ANY serialized item (firearm) is being stopped, since a lot of things won’t be affected.  (Or they should not be affected, who fucking knows)...

Example - basic pistol or revolver.  Why stop shipping those?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They will absolutely need to provide guidance. Regardless of how they feel about guns/2A, the irrefutable reality is this will have a severe impact on local businesses and it is tier-one shitty political optics to dismiss that. I know the owner of one major retailer I won’t name here as I didn’t confirm if I could told me he stands to lose up to half his revenue. Much smaller LGSs could go out of business altogether.

A smarmy, arrogant, dismissive wave of the hand because ‘but guns, so don’t care’ is a dangerous stance for them to take, if that’s the road they choose. With that kind of precedence, you can bet if there were a republican-backed bill on another topic that also had impacts to businesses/livelihoods and the same ‘don’t care’ lens applied, there’d be a hue and cry from the progressives.
View Quote

You think they give a shit about gun store employees losing their jobs? What would they be afraid of, gun owners might vote against them next election?

I listened to the mayor of Everett a few years back discuss how great it was that Ikea was not opening a store here because “we don’t want big box stores.”
Combine low iq, disgust for people like us, and a complete lack of fear of any consequences at the ballot box and it all makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Weird that ANY serialized item (firearm) is being stopped, since a lot of things won’t be affected.  (Or they should not be affected, who fucking knows)...

Example - basic pistol or revolver.  Why stop shipping those?
View Quote

It won’t be all serialized, we are updating the shipping  restrictions now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Probably just need time to sort the good from the "evil".

Rob
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Parts are not banned. It's the import or transfer of "assault rifles" or the serialized part of them.

You can do whatever you want with what you got...because it is already an assault rifle...your not making another.

You can buy uppers, parts, triggers , etc etc.  From the standpoint of the dems...it works because there will only be X amount of evil guns within the state and no new ones coming in. Any sold will go out of state or to heirs(once) so in their minds they will eventually be rid of all the evil guns in WA......and all the children will be saved.

SBRs are also not banned, the bill spells out what one is....barrel or barrels less than 16" or OAL of 26" or less  and seeing how that is not their definition of an assault rifle, which is barrel over 16" and some OAL(30"?)  

Semi auto pistols like a glock 17 are OK, just can't be sold with a treaded barrel. For the most part If the mag goes in the grip it's OK, mag goes other than grip no go(like mac10)

Oddly revolving cylinder shotguns are banned

Dealers are not allowed to advertise assault rifles for sale online.....but sellers are required to sell to only out of state buyers thru a FFL. So they are making selling your assault rifle a bitch...probably hoping you turn it in.

That's my take...I am not a lawyer but i have actually read the bill

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It won’t be all serialized, we are updating the shipping  restrictions now.
View Quote

Good to see one of the owners of PSA keeping close tabs on the WA situation.  We appreciate it (and all the stuff that has been flowing in the last couple months- lots of new guns being sold or assembled lately).
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks I got out of Kali North, at the right time.
It keeps getting worse there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks I got out of Kali North, at the right time.
It keeps getting worse there.
View Quote

Your attention would probably be better focused looking more forward and protecting gun rights in the state you live in and on a national level instead of dwelling on the past.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Parts are not banned. It's the import or transfer of "assault rifles" or the serialized part of them.

You can buy uppers, parts, triggers , etc etc.  From the standpoint of the dems...it works because there will only be X amount of evil guns within the state and no new ones coming in. Any sold will go out of state or to heirs(once) so in their minds they will eventually be rid of all the evil guns in WA......and all the children will be saved.

View Quote

How did you interpret that parts are not banned? Bill Kirk has said on numerous occasions that we should be stocking up on parts. The bill is very vague on parts IMO.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How did you interpret that parts are not banned? Bill Kirk has said on numerous occasions that we should be stocking up on parts. The bill is very vague on parts IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's wise to stock up because even if they are not technically banned a lot of sellers will stop selling to WA until it's cleared up.

I think most parts shouldn't be banned by the language in the bill, which is very confusing language.

I myself stocked up on parts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Your attention would probably be better focused looking more forward and protecting gun rights in the state you live in and on a national level instead of dwelling on the past.
View Quote

Absolutely right.
That's why I left Kali North!
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Absolutely right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely right.

And yet here you still are.

Rent free, as they say.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Turd Ferguson continually sued the Trump administration over and over again just to be a pain in the ass.

He will have no problem doing it to the gun industry.

I would not want that headache if I was in the business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top