Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2018 7:24:43 PM EDT
My wife swiped a concrete pillar in a parking garage Wednesday.

Almost new SUV (6,500) miles on it.  

We have two estimates and both are close in cost but I'd like to get a third.  It will be out of pocket since I don't want to blow up our insurance for something that was her fault (negligence)

Anyone know of an EXCEPTIONAL body shop in the Charlotte area?

My main focus is on a really good job of body work and paint.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hendrick Collision Center of Concord did a nice job when I used them a couple years ago. It's across Bruton Smith Blvd from Great Wolf Lodge. I think Weddington Rd is the address.
View Quote
Thanks, I'll check them out
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I work for a Hendrick Collision (not the Concorde one) if you're going through insurance ask them if they price match parts? Our store price matches with OEM parts a lot and the end result shows

Edit to clarify, the insurance pays for an aftermarket part, you get an OEM one at no additional cost. We can't always do it, but I would say 90% if the time we can make it work.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I work for a Hendrick Collision (not the Concorde one) if you're going through insurance ask them if they price match parts? Our store price matches with OEM parts a lot and the end result shows

Edit to clarify, the insurance pays for an aftermarket part, you get an OEM one at no additional cost. We can't always do it, but I would say 90% if the time we can make it work.
View Quote
I'm interested in quality work rather than $.

I'm biting the bullet and paying, not involving insurance.

I want a shop that does EXCEPTIONAL work.

I'll pay for it.

ETA:  We have Midwood Body Shop and Carolina Collision Center on the short list.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I can highly recommend...

McClure Collision Center
6400 South Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28217
704-557-9100
http://www.mcclurecollision.com/

They did a great job on two of my vehicles. One was an insurance claim and the other was out of pocket. Both times I thought the total price was reasonable.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can highly recommend...

McClure Collision Center
6400 South Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28217
704-557-9100
http://www.mcclurecollision.com/

They did a great job on two of my vehicles. One was an insurance claim and the other was out of pocket. Both times I thought the total price was reasonable.
View Quote
Thanks for the recommendation.

Unfortunately she has already decided which shop to use.

I'll keep this shop in mind if there is a need in the future.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top