Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2021 6:34:23 PM EDT
Ron Calzon  ·
Governor Parson just announced that he will be signing the Second Amendment Preservation Act (SAPA) at 2 on Saturday in Lee's Summit Missouri.
It will be at Frontier Justice, 800 NE Jones Industrial Park, Lee's Summit, MO 64064.
The event is open to the public, but the signing will take place indoors, so space is limited.
Thank you to the thousands of Missourians who made this possible!
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got the email and was about to start a thread.
He's going to sign on Saturday!
New 9mm upper tomorrow!
Nice way to start the weekend.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Parson also announced that he will be streaming the signing live on his Facebook page.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Fuck yes!
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Love the post bigbryce!....I am pinching myself...there's no place like MO...there's no place like MO!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/2a-rally-flag-final-331.jpgLove the post bigbryce!....I am pinching myself...there's no place like MO...there's no place like MO!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/2a-rally-flag-final-331.jpgLove the post bigbryce!....I am pinching myself...there's no place like MO...there's no place like MO!

This is only a small win in the huge war against our rights. We can not give up another inch. We must keep getting these bills passed and vote like minded individuals into office. That being said, I'm just as elated as you are!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is only a small win in the huge war against our rights. We can not give up another inch. We must keep getting these bills passed and vote like minded individuals into office. That being said, I'm just as elated as you are!
View Quote

Absolutely!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone lust the exact bullet points of this bill in its final version and what it means in layman's terms...

I've heard many things and I have some idea, but no law degree, so I'm not sure what this really and actually does for us but feel good.

From where I stand and what (little) I know, it looks positive.

But, im afraid to get to hyped up and find there are a few gotchas or at the least, it really does nothing other than pander to us...
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
He’s signing this at a gun shop? Do you suppose they have to get a special burn permit for the big bonfire? . . . You know, when they burn all their old 4473 forms. Maybe not. With the governor there, who’s going to complain?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]
The actual press release.

governor.mo.gov/media-advisory/governor-parson-sign-hb-85

Governor Parson to Sign HB 85

On Saturday, June 12 at 2 p.m., Governor Mike Parson will sign HB 85 into law, establishing the Second Amendment Preservation Act in the state of Missouri. The signing will take place during a ceremony at Frontier Justice in Lee's Summit.

Governor Parson to sign HB 85
When: 2:00 p.m.
Where: Frontier Justice
800 NE Jones Industrial Dr., Lee's Summit, MO 64064
Media: Open - Media avail with Governor Parson to follow

*The event will be live-streamed on Governor Parson's Facebook Page

*A mult box will be available.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Woohoo
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Event went off without a hitch.  Amazing, a politician in a room full of gun toting people and absolutely nothing went wrong.

I bet his security detail was a little puckered, but overall it was great, cool to be there and see it go down.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know if video is available to watch?
I left fb some time ago so I didn't get to see it.
I'm sure it was thrilling.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm still trying to figure out what this actually means as State Law pretty well copies Federal Law as it is so now what?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Here ya go. If ya do Facebook there is a video of the signing on his Facebook page.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#17]
No, that's still a problem. That's state law. Wherever federal law has been incorporated into state law, the SAPA will effectively be nullified regarding that federal law.

If we want duplication of federal law removed from Missouri law, we're going to have to lobby our state legislature to get it done.

Imo, the first state statutes that need addressing must be any state firearms-related law that's created solely from federal references. I have always opposed law created this way, the danger being that the federal legislature could simply change the referenced federal statute(s), which would effect (enact new) state law. When the feds realize this vulnerability, they could use the referenced statutes to expand on law to further nullify a state's SAPA.

If we want to keep such laws, we should instead specify the offenses directly in our statutes and remove all references to the federal statutes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to figure out what this actually means as State Law pretty well copies Federal Law as it is so now what?
View Quote

It's critical to stopping the federal government from utilizing state and local law enforcement to go door to door to confiscate firearms after enacting new federal law to do so. There are other benefits of course, but impeding an all-out confiscation is its highest purpose.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#19]
It's amazing to me that very little ACTUAL detail about this law exists.  So if a felon is arrested in possession of a firearm, that's a federal charge, so does this mean local cops couldn't arrest someone for this?  
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's amazing to me that very little ACTUAL detail about this law exists.  So if a felon is arrested in possession of a firearm, that's a federal charge, so does this mean local cops couldn't arrest someone for this?  
View Quote

The way I understand it is that they can still be arrested by ANY policing authority if they are a felon and not supposed to have a firearm in the first place. The state charges will stand. They are not there merely to confiscate his/her weapon but to make the arrest for that person's illegal actions.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The way I understand it is that they can still be arrested by ANY policing authority if they are a felon and not supposed to have a firearm in the first place. The state charges will stand. They are not there merely to confiscate his/her weapon but to make the arrest for that person's illegal actions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the difference is that the Feds couldn't call local LEO, and have them go get someone for them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only if there is a state law... so for example jo'n'theho create a new ATF rule that makes braces illegal... does MO have a similar prohibition? If not then the police are going to pay $50k per person if they help the federales enforce that law. Will that stop said cop? Based on GD responses nope.

Now does the AG, currently planning to run for senate, have the balls to enforce it?
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Funny how I don't recall a letter from the DOJ sent to the governor when Marijuana was legalized on a state level.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Only if there is a state law... so for example jo'n'theho create a new ATF rule that makes braces illegal... does MO have a similar prohibition? If not then the police are going to pay $50k per person if they help the federales enforce that law. Will that stop said cop? Based on GD responses nope.

Now does the AG, currently planning to run for senate, have the balls to enforce it?
View Quote

Thank you for the clarification and I HOPE you are wrong about your second point and that MO policing authorities will honor the new law...and Constitution for that matter!
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thank you for the clarification and I HOPE you are wrong about your second point and that MO policing authorities will honor the new law...and Constitution for that matter!
View Quote

But did you see the Gov/AG response?

https://ago.mo.gov/docs/default-source/press-releases/2021-6-17-ltr-boynton.pdf
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#26]
The response I thought was impressive, most impressive. What it all means I don't think anyone knows. the 50k fine and termination of the local LEO has some teeth but not allot. I think it could make people with braces breath easier. I am still waiting to see how this pans out.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Ofallon MO police chief just resigned over SAPA!

I guess there's one good thing about it already.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most excellent!
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesnt sound like a great loss...

https://fox2now.com/news/ofallon-mo-police-chief-resigns-over-new-second-amendment-protection-law/

It also doesnt sound like he read the bill, but just accepted the opponent's hyperbole.

6 months on the job... sounds like he should be paying back his relocation package.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Doesnt sound like a great loss...

https://fox2now.com/news/ofallon-mo-police-chief-resigns-over-new-second-amendment-protection-law/

It also doesnt sound like he read the bill, but just accepted the opponent's hyperbole.

6 months on the job... sounds like he should be paying back his relocation package.
View Quote

Exactly!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#31]
So what's the reading on SBRs? Still no go without an ATF stamp due to redundant clause in state laws?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So what's the reading on SBRs? Still no go without an ATF stamp due to redundant clause in state laws?
View Quote

Correct. It doesn't change anything like that. If there's something that's only illegal federally, local LEO can't help them enforce Federal law. No laws were changed, just who/how Federal law can be enforced.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top