Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2021 11:08:00 PM EDT
Anyone heard anything from them?  The redo date from 2020 is supposed to be at the end of March, but the hosts have been radio silent as far as I can tell.  Ticket sales are "late 2020", which clearly hasn't happened.

Frankly, I'm hoping it's cancelled since it conflicts with Cold War 3.  

Yeah...  feeling loquacious tonite.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I don't see it happening in March.

If it were me, I'd wait and see what happens thru summer then make the call
Miss you all

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My reasonable assumption too.  Though it still shows up on Fair Park's calendar.  [maniacal laughing ensues]  

If it were me, I'd wait and see what happens thru summer then make the call
Miss you all

We're making travel plans for Summer.  Not sure they'll happen, but I can't always be with the Negative Waves.  

I'm ready for a NTX meetup...  even if I have to drive my happy ass up to north bumfuck to see you asshats who won't drive south...  "for a good time".
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I've been keeping an eye out for updates, hoping they'd give us some kind of good news since drinking has become my profession since Xiden's inauguration.  I've also reached out to some usually knowledgeable people for the North Texas beer scene (who've heard nothing from the organizer).   So it looks like BTBF is probably done for this year.  There's nothing on BTBF social media or website, but the event has been scrubbed from the Fair Park calendar online.  We call that, "not a good sign."

Fork.  Done.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Man that's terrible to hear. Thanks though for keeping up with the details
So you're saying we need to host our own day-drinking escapade?

Time and place... Go

But for real... Brewery tour of Dallas. Uber or rent a van. Split the costs.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, figured it would be cancelled again this year.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Got an email from them saying Nov 12th and 13th.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got an email from them saying Nov 12th and 13th.
View Quote

That would be cool.  I wonder where they plan to have it.  It's not on the Fair Park calendar, even though that's the venue they claim.  That's not how this usually works.    

Personally, I think this is sketchy as fuck.  And since I like beer and beer festivals a lot...  YMMV

ETA:  I wonder why I didn't get the email?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Nobody liked my idea
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nobody liked my idea
View Quote

I did mean to reply earlier, but got distracted.  It's not so much a didn't like.  More like, timing could be better.  Lots of the tap rooms are running fewer hours and food trucks/choices seem to be less abundant.    

And when you're less than 5 miles from Lake Saucer, it's kind of hard to be motivated for a bunch of driving around, especially so in these temps.   Saucer usually has a bunch of good TX beers on tap.  Unfortunately Peticolas is usually one of them.  And did I mention that TX drafts are $4 on Sundays?

So your question was kind of a, "what do you want for dinner?", when I've just finished off a large pizza.

And I might be hung over.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nobody liked my idea
View Quote

Its a good idea.  We just need a list of locations to hit up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I did mean to reply earlier, but got distracted.  It's not so much a didn't like.  More like, timing could be better.  Lots of the tap rooms are running fewer hours and food trucks/choices seem to be less abundant.    

And when you're less than 5 miles from Lake Saucer, it's kind of hard to be motivated for a bunch of driving around, especially so in these temps.   Saucer usually has a bunch of good TX beers on tap.  Unfortunately Peticolas is usually one of them.  And did I mention that TX drafts are $4 on Sundays?

So your question was kind of a, "what do you want for dinner?", when I've just finished off a large pizza.

And I might be hung over.
View Quote
I get what you're saying... But it's fun to go to the actual breweries and experience them instead of just buying their beer at the store or the bar. And you wouldn't be driving if we rented a van or something. If we got enough people to join the cost wouldn't be outrageous
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I get what you're saying... But it's fun to go to the actual breweries and experience them instead of just buying their beer at the store or the bar. And you wouldn't be driving if we rented a van or something. If we got enough people to join the cost wouldn't be outrageous
View Quote

I'm not saying no...  I'm just saying it's TOO FUCKIN' COLD for me to have any motivation to even think about getting on a party bus.

But we could start a list of Tap Rooms with potential for a visit once it warms up a bit.  My suggestions are below.  They're pretty spread out, so not really suitable for doing in a day.  The sad reality is that if we want to hit a bunch of places in one day, we're kind of tied to the area around downtown Dallas.  The other issue might be taproom operating hours.  I think the Rahr taproom isn't open on weekends.  

Community Beer Co (taproom currently closed)
Turning Point
Lakewood Brewing
Tupps Brewery
Texas Ale Project
Rahr & Sons

There's a new place up in Celina called Rollertown Beerworks.  I've had their Stout, and it's pretty good.  I can't comment on anything else.  And again, taproom not open on weekends.  But they get a shout out because one of their key people (Billy) is former Flying Saucer management.

Anyway...  that's just a few of the places I like.  

#NotPeticolas
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Man I replied to your post but apparently it didn't send. My internet has been down since Saturday and my cell service is sucking.

Anyway, I'll post it back when my service is better
Apparently I cancelled my ticket last year and VIP is booked. Best I can do is general admission

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Man I replied to your post but apparently it didn't send. My internet has been down since Saturday and my cell service is sucking.

Anyway, I'll post it back when my service is better
Apparently I cancelled my ticket last year and VIP is booked. Best I can do is general admission

View Quote

No worries.   I'm having the same issue.   Frontier Comm has been dead for 3 days and Verizon is sketchy at best.  Covid.

The fall date for the fest is a non-starter for us.  That I've not gotten an email from them indicates that they're still pissed about the questions I asked last year.   Fuck em.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Bump
Who's in?

November 13.

Got my ticket. General admission. Know a couple VIPs from last year will make it.

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#16]
903 brewery in Sherman also.
https://www.shop903.com/

They brew some great stouts and some lighter stuff and have it on tap usually. They have gotten into brewing some rather.....odd stuff as you can see from the link.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top