Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2020 11:53:27 PM EDT
I'm just keeping all the stories in this thread as to not hijack the HTF.

I've been thinking of moving to the valley. I've never wanted to live there because of the commute, but now that's not an issue. At work this morning in a meeting, a co-worker said he's moving out of Anchorage now that we have normalized working remote.

Tucker Carlson fires back at Mayor Berkowitz. Anchorage, Alaska

Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:03:29 AM EDT
[#1]
About time that prick gets some national attention. Crush, Snow City Cafe, Spenard Roadhouse, and South are owned in part by Berkowitz.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 3:02:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About time that prick gets some national attention. Crush, Snow City Cafe, Spenard Roadhouse, and South are owned in part by Berkowitz.
View Quote

Four places I'll never set foot again.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 1:57:24 AM EDT
[#3]
This scumbag is seeking a restraining order against Kriners for being open against his order, They forced him into court in one day and the attorney was able to extend it and continue the hearing for one more day. Theres now talk of a class action suit against the city.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This scumbag is seeking a restraining order against Kriners for being open against his order, They forced him into court in one day and the attorney was able to extend it and continue the hearing for one more day. Theres now talk of a class action suit against the city.
View Quote

I believe the owners of Humpys are joining the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#5]
"The Department of Justice doesn't send investigators over NIMBY issues." Eagle River's Assembly member warns the Assembly they're probably breaking the law by spending Covid relief money from the feds on the homeless.

Sometimes, "I told you so" just doesn't cut it, right Jamie!?

Link Posted: 8/14/2020 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sadly they are the only places in town that have both good cocktails & decent Food at moderate prices, other than 49th State Brewing and Tequila 66, all other places are only OK at one or the other or complete trash all together.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:54:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sadly they are the only places in town that have both good cocktails & decent Food at moderate prices, other than 49th State Brewing and Tequila 66, all other places are only OK at one or the other or complete trash all together.
View Quote

Well, I guess that’s your line in the sand then.

Cocktails.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cocktails.
View Quote

Started a reply a few times and deleted it, you said it nicer than I was going to so I’ll go with that^
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Started a reply a few times and deleted it, you said it nicer than I was going to so I’ll go with that^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cocktails.

Saw that last night, too.

Savage.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm just keeping all the stories in this thread as to not hijack the HTF.

I've been thinking of moving to the valley. I've never wanted to live there because of the commute, but now that's not an issue. At work this morning in a meeting, a co-worker said he's moving out of Anchorage now that we have normalized working remote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz-J_aJs5Rs
View Quote
C'mon out and join the rest of us valley trash.  It's great out here.  I've been in AK since 2017, moved out to Palmer in April, wish we'd lived here from the beginning.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
C'mon out and join the rest of us valley trash.  It's great out here.  I've been in AK since 2017, moved out to Palmer in April, wish we'd lived here from the beginning.
View Quote

It was a lot more fun 30 years ago
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Anchorage was a lot more fun 30 years ago. I worked Appleseed shoots in Talkeetna and in Kenai over the last month. I stayed in Palmer. The difference between mat Su, Kenai and Anchorage with striking..Anchorage felt like North Korea or Cold War era Moscow.People seemed to be still enjoying life once you got out of Anchorage. Sad
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Cocktails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cocktails.

Well yeah if you want my business do not put beer in your margaritas like Glacier Brewhouse and also use fresh juices straight from the press, not bottled mixes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 5:07:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well yeah if you want my business do not put beer in your margaritas like Glacier Brewhouse and also use fresh juices straight from the press, not bottled mixes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cocktails.

If the aforementioned restaurants were the only places in town that sold alcohol I’d quit drinking.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where did you move to Alaska from?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Where did you move to Alaska from?
View Quote

Ive lived all over but Michigan is home
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 2:35:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True that, I lived in Wasilla when every road but the Parks was dirt
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't even recognize wasyphallis the last time I went through there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I was a little kid in Peters Creek.  We lived in the only house on that side of the road highway (that white two story house with light blue diamonds on the second story railing, still there 5-10 years ago, same color scheme as the 1960's).  My dad had a few acres that house was on, and there was a gas station on the other side of the road highway.

We used to go camping in Clam Gulch on the beach, and it was practically a large town 5 years ago.  There was NOTHING there in the 70s.

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And I was a little kid in Peters Creek.  We lived in the only house on that side of the road highway (that white two story house with light blue diamonds on the second story railing, still there 5-10 years ago, same color scheme as the 1960's).  My dad had a few acres that house was on, and there was a gas station on the other side of the road highway.

We used to go camping in Clam Gulch on the beach, and it was practically a large town 5 years ago.  There was NOTHING there in the 70s.

View Quote

I remember the “road” and when getting on from eagle river involved a stop sign and looking both ways

But I also remember the Alaskan highway being dirt more than 3-4 miles from a town and you had survival skills if you were driving it. And I’m not that old...I think
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#21]
You see Dunleavys RINO ass say the state wouldn't go back to normal until there was a vaccine. He's just like Murkowski
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top