Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2021 12:39:30 PM EDT
So I'm going thru my mounds/tons of ammo stash and come across a box of American Eagle 327 Federal Magnum ammo. What the hell type of gun shoots this stuff. I don't have a gun for it.
Help!

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm going thru my mounds/tons of ammo stash and come across a box of American Eagle 327 Federal Magnum ammo. What the hell type of gun shoots this stuff. I don't have a gun for it.
Help!

View Quote

Wicked little caliber.  Ruger made an SP-101 for it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I really want a Single Seven in 327.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a special kind of ammunition. It usually births a firearm you never intended on buying ;)
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a cool round. I don't own one but would sort of like to at some point. It got a lot of attention in publications when it first came out but hasn't resulted in the type of production that was possible

Ruger has made a few revolvers for it SP101, Single Seven, and the LCR. The SP101 and Single Seven models basically replaced models (SP101 and Single Six) that were previously made in .32 H&R Magnum.  Smith & Wesson has also made a few revolvers for it as well- not sure if they are currently offered or not- prices on them are high. Taurus also made a couple of compact revolvers (2" and 3" offerings IIRC) for it  that were affordable.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Just found a total of 170 rounds, now what get a gun?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just found a total of 170 rounds, now what get a gun?
View Quote

Sell the ammo @ $1/round and take that wife of yours out to dinner!
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Henry makes a lever gun for it too; should be coming out with sidegate loading this year sometime?  Ruger has been the biggest supporter of the round, so I wouldn't be surprised if their newly acquired Marlin starting making lever guns for it to.

I have an SP101 in it and it's no joke, a nice powerful round and the revolver will work with 5 total 32 calibers sizes.  The prices for the ammo before kept most away from it, but now every ammo out there is expensive, so not as big a deal as it used to be
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Henry makes a lever gun for it too; should be coming out with sidegate loading this year sometime?  Ruger has been the biggest supporter of the round, so i wouldn't be surprised if their newly acquired Marlin starting making lever guns for it to.

I have an SP101 in it and it's no joke, i nice powerful round and the revolver will work with 5 total 32 calibers sizes.  The prices for the ammo before kept most away from it, but now every ammo out there is expensive, so not as big a deal as it used to be
View Quote

Lever gun you say? Hmmmm.......

Maybe I need another lever action
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I found a little over 750 rounds of .40 the other day. It’s been years since I consolidated to 9mm and the obligatory 1911. So I have been sitting on the .40 ammo with no way to use it for years lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought I read an article years ago about a revolver theat held 7 or 8 of those rounds in the cylinder
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought I read an article years ago about a revolver theat held 7 or 8 of those rounds in the cylinder
View Quote

Ruger had a lot of problems with the original 327 revolvers- they blew up! Ruger recalled them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top