Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2021 10:52:34 AM EDT
homeofammo.com lists .223 for $220.00 per 1k. A friend just sent me this text and he ordered 1k on line with no "out of stock" popups. What gives?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Most likely a scam...quick internet search found this:

https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/home-ammo/kansas-dotcom-website-scam-1506222

Given the payment methods they accept (and the fact that they DON'T directly take credit cards), I'd be VERY hesitant to do a purchase with them.

You're friend probably just lost $220 and won't be able to get it back.

Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
homeofammo.com lists .223 for $220.00 per 1k. A friend just sent me this text and he ordered 1k on line with no "out of stock" popups. What gives?
View Quote

If the deal looks tooooo good to be true, especially during this craze, it’s a trap !! I made a post on a YouTube video that was about ammo and got a response with a link to cheap ammo. The site was so generic with every ammo in stock, ammo that I know can’t be found in current times. Scammers
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Riiiiiiight, 1K of .223 for $220 in this current environment/craze. Too good to be true. 1k of .223 is going for twice that or more when it's in stock these days from reputable sites.

Chances are your friend got scammed out of $220 or more. Or an April Fools joke.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What I don't understand is he did receive a delivery invoice with the ammo being delivered 4/5. I guess we'll wait and see...
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I don't understand is he did receive a delivery invoice with the ammo being delivered 4/5. I guess we'll wait and see...
View Quote

Sponges. It's always sponges.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
In good times that was a killer price even for junk steel cased ammo. He most assuredly got scammed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably going to be a box of rocks. Makes it harder to dispute with a real tracking number and delivery confirmation.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In good times that was a killer price even for junk steel cased ammo. He most assuredly got scammed.
View Quote

Junk steel cased?

Ya know how I know you’ve never had to clean up cases after a day of FA
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Junk steel cased?

View Quote

If ya don't know, now ya know!

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Junk steel cased?

View Quote

Ya know there is a difference in steel cased, some is decent and some is shit.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#12]
SOOOOO Monday came and went and I received a text from my friend that UPS never showed last night. What a surprise! Instead of paying me my $.60 a round he buys it online for $.22 a round. Now it's costing him $.82 a round in total. Some people just don't learn.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SOOOOO Monday came and went and I received a text from my friend that UPS never showed last night. What a surprise! Instead of paying me my $.60 a round he buys it online for $.22 a round. Now it's costing him $.82 a round in total. Some people just don't learn.
View Quote

So any updates? Did they actually receive any ammo? Or are they still waiting for UPS to deliver it?

DAY 4, or is it DAY 9, and counting...
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So any updates? Did they actually receive any ammo? Or are they still waiting for UPS to deliver it?

DAY 4, or is it DAY 9, and counting...
View Quote

As an FYI--I saw a screenshot of the order confirmation HAR1340's friend got.  It wasn't a UPS tracking #...it actually wasn't an ANYONE's tracking number.  Totally bogus.  Also, the shipping address that the package was coming from didn't exist--also totally fake.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a 7.62 caliber BCG for a receiver I had recenlty.  I checked a ton of dealers without much success.  This one, however, had them in stock! It was called "Maxim Firearms"  in Arizona.  Everything looked legit and I ordered the item. They charged tax and shipping and sent a followup email, etc., etc.  I decided, thankfully, to use Paypal to pay them.  Bottom line, after a week, no further info or shipping status.  After two weeks, no replies to three tersely worded emails.  Third week I contacted paypal.  they immediatly got onto the shipper and would let me know.  three weeks later, I have a check arriving for the total including my shipping and taxes, $179.  I went a bit further to find out there was a Maxim firearms but believe they went into foreclosure.

So, you can't always spots the trouble makers and getting your money back might be difficult or even impossible.  That hurts.  Paypal (I know....I know) however did work on my behalf. BTW Their website is still up. BEWARE

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#16]
@har1340
So what was the outcome of this? Was the friend indeed scammed? If so how bad? Just the cost of the ammo or worse?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll send him a text and report back...
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@har1340
So what was the outcome of this? Was the friend indeed scammed? If so how bad? Just the cost of the ammo or worse?
View Quote

Called my friend last night and he told me he did receive his coin back. He just had to upload receipts and screen shots of the transaction. He does know he's super lucky.

Kind of funny when I offered him to buy my factory M855 for $.60 a round no tax and no shipping he turns to this company, what a waste of time and NO shootin'
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#19]
How did he pay?  I almost got scammed by another scammer but was suspicious when they didn't take CC and wanted zelle or venmo and I bailed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm pretty sure it was zelle...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top