Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2020 11:17:19 AM EDT
Picked up these two empty .45 acp boxes today at CJRPC. I know certain calibers are scarce right now and the prices high. Some poor sucker got hosed on these two boxes though! Pretty expensive hour on the range this AM for someone.

Glad I reload for everything I shoot!!

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
.45 ACP is going for .70 to 1.00 per round on gunbroker. He got  bargain at .60

Classic supply and demand. If Biden is elected these may be salad days! Especially if
they stop internet sale of ammo.

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wait until the Harris administration directs the BATFE to declare that any and all reloading requires an FFL07 (removing the "personal use" exception), and all smokeless powder is declared an explosive compound, requiring additional federal permits.  Not to mention Mexican-style banning of civilian possession of "military-grade" ammunition.  "See?  We're not infringing on the 2nd amendment - you all are free to possess your single-action revolvers in .45LC, and your lever-action carbines in .44 special (no magnums, though - them's dangerous)".

This sky-is-falling, doom-and-gloom shit is pretty fun, I gotta say...  
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just wait until the Harris administration directs the BATFE to declare that any and all reloading requires an FFL07 (removing the "personal use" exception), and all smokeless powder is declared an explosive compound, requiring additional federal permits.  Not to mention Mexican-style banning of civilian possession of "military-grade" ammunition.  "See?  We're not infringing on the 2nd amendment - you all are free to possess your single-action revolvers in .45LC, and your lever-action carbines in .44 special (no magnums, though - them's dangerous)".

This sky-is-falling, doom-and-gloom shit is pretty fun, I gotta say...  
View Quote

Love me some SAA in.45LC ! Cost me just under 10 bucks a box to reload.

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The last time I bought ammo was April 2018. Academy had the 30% off coupon, 500rd cases of .45 acp were $125 delivered. Stacked it DEEP. 500rd cases of 9mm were $79.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The last time I bought ammo was April 2018. Academy had the 30% off coupon, 500rd cases of .45 acp were $125 delivered. Stacked it DEEP. 500rd cases of 9mm were $79.
View Quote

Those days I'm afraid are gone forever. 1000 .45 230 gr. plated bullets now cost over $150.00 if you can find any.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top