Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2020 6:35:10 PM EDT
It's time to dust off your rucksacks - we're doing another one.  

...But this one is different.

1.  We're not publicly advertising the route.  
2.  It's fairly short notice.
3.  Only those who have earned the Third Class Battle Buddy rating (or their guests) may attend.

We'll be meeting up on Saturday, 11APR2020, at 11:00 AM, in or around Louisville.  Meet-up location will be relayed via text message.  We understand that some people have plans already made for this weekend.  The purpose isn't to see which individuals can make it, but rather to see what size of a group we can muster in Kentucky and Southern Indiana a short period of time to meet a challenge.

For anybody who is concerned if rucks are allowed, here is the guidance for both Kentucky and Indiana, showing that outdoor walks are perfectly legal.  Go away, hall monitors.

If you bring a guest, you are vouching that they are able to match your best time on the most challenging ruck that we have done to date.

If you're a Third Class (or better) and interested, send me an IM.

@craig24680
@Jinxters
@DuCATTi
@7255
@Axleman94
@Damon_23

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
In!
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Barring any wife agro, i'm IN
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:53:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not a Sorcerer of the third level of experience yet.

I guess I'll go kill wild boars for more XPs.

#LARP
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

#LARP
View Quote

We’ll have more in the future that’ll be open to others that haven’t yet proven that they can consistently hike at a speed of at least 3 miles per hour for a distance of at least 6 miles, all while carrying more than 45 pounds on their back. For those, we’ll post plenty of info so that each person can size it up and make an informed decision on wether or not this sort of activity will be right for them, plus make an emergency plan in case they need to fall out from the group.

But for this one, we have slightly different goals.

1. See how many people we can get to commit to an activity on short notice, based mostly off of trust they have formed with other Battle Buddies from past events.

2. Avoid putting enough information out in the public space that we attract the junior brown shirts who think they can take matters into their own hands like this guy, or call the LMPD who may decide to show up and give us a hard time for something that is perfectly legal. I don’t know about you, but I don’t exactly trust the LMPD to make the most prudent of decisions.

We look forward to you joining us on our next ruck. I think Scottsburg, IN, won’t be repeated for a while, but we’ll probably hold another one at Beckley Creek Park in about a week or so.

Hope to see you there!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

#LARP
View Quote

@Sturmgewehr-JD

You can come run to the top of Iroquois Park with me tomorrow morning. We can call cadence for maximum XPs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I shall submit myself to the further disruption of my “want to be healthy” joints!
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, that was fun!

Thanks again to all of y'all that came out on such short notice.  I think it's pretty awesome that we were able to send out a call for participation, and have six guys show up with basically no questions asked.  I know lots of others had plans and couldn't make it, but to be able to pull together as many as we did in less than 48 hours is impressive.

Attachment Attached File

Crossing the Big Four Bridge on the way to Indiana:

Attachment Attached File

Saw some LMPD.  The officer in the rear cruiser didn't seem to be in any hurry to put an end to any weekend recreational activities:

Attachment Attached File

City Hall:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome job. I’m bummed I didn’t hear about this until after it was over.  I would have been all over this.  I need to cruise these HTFs more often.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Awesome job. I’m bummed I didn’t hear about this until after it was over.  I would have been all over this.  I need to cruise these HTFs more often.
View Quote

My apologies!

I thought you were part of the northern IL crew and this would simply be too far of a drive. I probably assumed too much.

We’ve got another one next weekend near Louisville, if you’re free.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#11]
No worries.  I’m not criticizing.  I just like you guys’ style and I would have made the drive to be there.  I’m in east central IL so it wouldn’t have been terrible.  Besides, I’m overdue a trip to the Louisville area since KCR got cancelled.  
I’ll see how the week shakes out for next Saturday.  The ILBB is doing a PT test on Sunday so a few of us can step up to Second Class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top