Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2021 11:46:59 PM EDT
This weekend is the annual Texas State Parks On The Air event. A number of individuals and clubs will be set up at various parks throughout the state. If you've had an interest in ham radio it's a good time to go check it out. This is entirely a portable comms event. Will be a wide range of modes most likely, but will predominately be HF. So contacts around the world are entirely possible and I can almost guarantee across the nation and Canada.

No club will turn away folks who want to come see. Some may even let you get on the air under their call sign.

For the Beaumont area folks, our club will have some at Village Creek SP and some at Sea Rim
SP.

For more information:
https://www.tspota.net

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for interest.  I should be back in Texas and have no particular plans.

Is this an all-weekend thing?  Will groups be set up and camping (where allowed)?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
tag for interest.  I should be back in Texas and have no particular plans.

Is this an all-weekend thing?  Will groups be set up and camping (where allowed)?
View Quote
It's already over. It was the 17-18.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
This weekend is the Baytown Hamfest.

Linky CQ CQ CQ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top