Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2021 10:20:15 AM EDT
I just discovered the C-2 Shooting Center has switched to members only. Their membership cost is absurd

Are there any other options in SE Virginia with at least 100m range?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t even want to let this secret out, But the OBX gun club in Manteo is $75/year. Good facilities, friendly people (almost too friendly, half my sessions are spent chatting with the folks around me), and depending on when you go, almost always empty.

In the fall, a member had a dozen or so class 3 toys out there and was just letting the whole range have fun. Rad guy.

They also have skeet/trap, shooting leagues, and range member competitions.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve thought about joining OBX. Is it FUDDy? It’s also a very long drive for me.

C2’s prices are beyond absurd.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not in your area but, my buddy belongs to Freedom Shooting Center in VB. They only have 25 yard lanes so it would not meet your 100 yard requirement. It is open to the public and no membership is required to shoot there although you can get a membership if you want.

I wanted to see what absurd looks like at C-2. Damn someone was smoking something when they came up with these prices and range availability restrictions.

The Pistol Practitioner
Range Usage: Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun Only

LIMITED TO USE OF ALL WEST MEMBER PISTOL RANGES ONLY
25% off any class of instruction or shooter evaluation by Kent Mote
Add family members (spouse or partner) for an additional cost
Membership Cost: $650

The Long Gunner
Range Usage: Mon/Tues/Thurs/Friday Only

LIMITED TO USE OF THE WEST MEMBER RIFLE RANGES ONLY
Membership Cost: $750

The Weekend Warrior
Range Usage: Saturday & Sunday, Holiday Mondays Only

UNLIMITED USE OF ENTIRE WEST MEMBER RANGE
Membership Cost: $950

The Operator
Unlimited Range time with no day or holiday restrictions

USE OF THE ENTIRE WEST MEMBER RANGE
Membership Cost: $1,250

The Hunter Traveler
3 MONTH TERM FROM DATE OF PURCHASE (MAXIMUM OF 2 PER YEAR)
Range Usage: LIMITED TO WEST MEMBER PISTOL RANGES AND WEST MEMBER 50-YARD AND 100-YARD RANGES ONLY

Membership Cost: $325.99

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve thought about joining OBX. Is it FUDDy? It’s also a very long drive for me.

C2’s prices are beyond absurd.
View Quote

Not fuddy at all. People shoot everything from my experience. Now, for sure, you’ll have some fuds there, but most people are pretty into everything. I’ve seen Garands, next to suppressed ARs, next to lever actions.  Then you’ll have cowboy action shooters down a few bays. Like I said, I went there one time and a guy I just met let me run a belt through an HK21.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I go to the obx gun club. It's about 2-3 hours drive but it is nice. Just plan to go there maybe a few times a year?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I’ll check them out. Not excited about the 2hr drive, but not a big deal a couple times a year I guess.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not fuddy at all. People shoot everything from my experience. Now, for sure, you’ll have some fuds there, but most people are pretty into everything. I’ve seen Garands, next to suppressed ARs, next to lever actions.  Then you’ll have cowboy action shooters down a few bays. Like I said, I went there one time and a guy I just met let me run a belt through an HK21.
View Quote

Quoted:
I go to the obx gun club. It's about 2-3 hours drive but it is nice. Just plan to go there maybe a few times a year?
View Quote

Maybe I’ll just bite the bullet, at $75 it’s not too terrible. I used to be a member of the Lafayette Gun Club in Grafton for nearly 20 years but fighting the tunnel traffic and then the US-17 traffic was torture, when membership went up $100 it made the 2-3 or less time a year I went not worth it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#8]
https://airfieldshootingclub.org/
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Chickahomony WMA in Charles City has a free 100yd outdoor sighting in range. They are closed on mondays and no handguns allowed. But it's free.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, sadly C-2 has gone way downhill the past couple years. Last time I checked they banned anything with pistol brace, and they had super strict limits on how many rounds per minute you can fire. Nice facility but the owner/managers were definitely
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, sadly C-2 has gone way downhill the past couple years. Last time I checked they banned anything with pistol brace, and they had super strict limits on how many rounds per minute you can fire. Nice facility but the owner/managers were definitely
View Quote

He seems intent on going broke. I guess he is counting on the classes that are put on there paying all the bills.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're willing to drive two hours there, I HIGHLY recommend you check out Frontline Defense. It's like 2.5-3 hours from Virginia Beach but they have a lot there. Steel plates for pistol, 300 yard .22 only range and a 500 yard range open to the public. They have a 1,000 yard range but is reserved for members only and you have to qualify on it. Me and my buddy drove out there last summer and had a really awesome time. Definitely makes me want to get a nice .22 rifle!

https://frontlinedefenseusa.com/
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you're willing to drive two hours there, I HIGHLY recommend you check out Frontline Defense. It's like 2.5-3 hours from Virginia Beach but they have a lot there. Steel plates for pistol, 300 yard .22 only range and a 500 yard range open to the public. They have a 1,000 yard range but is reserved for members only and you have to qualify on it. Me and my buddy drove out there last summer and had a really awesome time. Definitely makes me want to get a nice .22 rifle!

https://frontlinedefenseusa.com/
View Quote

I know a few people that rave about that place after a SCAR shoot a few years back.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I know a few people that rave about that place after a SCAR shoot a few years back.
View Quote

It's awesome. Definitely worth checking out. I've honestly been considering joining but with a baby on the way i think i'm going to hold off for a little bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top