Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2020 2:34:19 PM EDT
I helped my son finally move his junk out of his UofSC dorm room today and there were 5 or so boog bois kitted out in front of that State House by Halls Chop House.  

So who was it and why?   I don't think the SC government is going all Virginia or anything.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Kind of hard to be "kitted out" when OC is not lawful and CWP is prohibited on statehouse grounds including the outer sidewalks.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Kind of hard to be "kitted out" when OC is not lawful and CWP is prohibited on statehouse grounds including the outer sidewalks. 

View Quote

Well these boys sure were.

I wondered about them having their ARs openly being carried, mags and all standing at the crosswalk in front of Halls.

Somebody was being a Boog Boi.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Kind of hard to be "kitted out" when OC is not lawful and CWP is prohibited on statehouse grounds including the outer sidewalks. 

View Quote

I thought the sidewalk thing was a temporary order that was determined to be unlawful- wasn't it something mayor McDrinkanddrive got his panties in a wad about it and decreed but the AG shut him down?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By d16man:
Were they on the statehouse side or halls side of the street?
View Quote

Halls side. 4-5 Bois. Plate carriers, ARs, Pistols, full kits. I didn’t see nazi shit, just guys kitted up.

Totally odd if you ask me.  I am all for fighting tyranny but I don’t think SC is there yet. We aren’t in VA under their king.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Open carry is illegal in SC.

How was this legal?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ErikS:
Open carry is illegal in SC. 

How was this legal?
View Quote

No idea, but I'm glad they were essentially ignored.  Had they been arrested the media surely would have made an issue of it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Pics?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
without going into detail, my guess would be the dreaded "M" word... I know most of you can't say it... I received of few e-mails from a few guys I used to train with...  they ran security for something else going on...  not "nut jobs", but constitutional guys who won't hide in the shadows...
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ErikS:
Open carry is illegal in SC. 

How was this legal?
View Quote

open carry of handguns is prohibited... open carry of long guns is legal....
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By gunwolf:

open carry of handguns is prohibited... open carry of long guns is legal....
View Quote

"Legal" by omission. Open carry of long guns is not specifically mentioned in SC gun laws. As an attorney explained to me decades ago, "if the law does not specifically say you cannot do something, then you can."

This does not omit the possibility of being detained or arrested. We are just fortunate that we do not have "going armed in terror of the public" laws like are found in North Carolina.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Possibly a stop on the way to the range, hunt, fish to make open carry legal.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

I thought the sidewalk thing was a temporary order that was determined to be unlawful- wasn't it something mayor McDrinkanddrive got his panties in a wad about it and decreed but the AG shut him down?
View Quote

This. Mayor T-Bone got spanked.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Mayor MacCheese didn't get "spanked" by the state AG he got spanked by the federal district court after they were sued by (I can't remember the man's name...he's the leader of "Occupy Columbia"). Lawsuit was filed by Mark Schnee.

You may remember that the mayor/city council rescinded the 30-day "widening" of the "gun-free zone" only a couple of days after the competing KKK/Anti-KKK rallies.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I have seen no mention of this event from any number of sources be it the media, other SC firearms forums, or the local gun control chapters.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By gunwolf:

without going into detail, my guess would be the dreaded "M" word... I know most of you can't say it... I received of few e-mails from a few guys I used to train with...  they ran security for something else going on...  not "nut jobs", but constitutional guys who won't hide in the shadows...
View Quote

Went to the SC Light Foot FB page. Not a word....and not a current post to that page in a long time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Went to the SC Light Foot FB page. Not a word....and not a current post to that page in a long time.
View Quote

IDK... I resigned and left the SCLFM COC almost 2 years ago,  I lost comms with most.   I have no time or patients for the "in fighting" among the patriot community... it sinks ships fast, that is why so many "named" groups come and go.

the whole "my group is better than your group" thing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top