Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 2/25/2020 1:45:25 PM EDT
Great job guys.

With two weeks left in session, HB115 dead, HB109 tabled, and HB136 held, we're looking at a clear shot to the end of the session without any of these bills making it through Committee, let alone full House and Senate.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!

DC- Thanks for all your efforts this year in keeping us up to date and fighting the good fight
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Nicely done, the fight will only ramp up from here. Just a few short years ago this was a non-issue here.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations fellow Utahans!  I had a commitment out of state so I wasn't able to attend at the Capital.  However I called and emailed numerous times to committee members. One of whom, when I finally reached him in person on the phone, told me he had fielded over 320 emails and comments from the pro gun community, and that we must be getting pretty well organized.  Good job gentlemen.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Good news and thanks to all those who showed up for the Thursday's rally and yesterday. What's the status of the good bill HB 271 which is sponsor by Cory Maloy?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good news and thanks to all those who showed up for the Thursday's rally and yesterday. What's the status of the good bill HB 271 which is sponsor by Cory Maloy?
View Quote
I see you already got the update, but it passed committee with minor amendments this morning around 0845.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Congratulations fellow Utahans!  I had a commitment out of state so I wasn't able to attend at the Capital.  However I called and emailed numerous times to committee members. One of whom, when I finally reached him in person on the phone, told me he had fielded over 320 emails and comments from the pro gun community, and that we must be getting pretty well organized.  Good job gentlemen./media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/2a-rally-flag-final-331.jpg
View Quote
which rep?

There's been a lot of us working on outreach. It'd be nice to know that we're getting to some of them!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]
DC, I was talking to the owner of the local gun shop today, it's nearly the only brick and mortar gunshop left in Sanpete county although there are several kitchen-table FFLs around.

His shop is right on main street in Mount Pleasant.  He said that he heard after the fact about the rally up at the capitol a few days back and would have gone if he'd heard about it sooner.

We need to come up with some sort of method for spreading the word to some of these small towns, he's got a pretty good audience since he's the only place for 50 miles selling ammo and gun parts.  I'd love to set up posters or get him on a facebook page or whatever we need to do.  Due to sporting events for the kids, we are constantly traveling to other little towns around central Utah, so once we get some kind or system down I'll spread it throughout Carbon, Emery, Juab, Sevier, .....

Any ideas?  Even if it's a monthly page we update online and provide a stand/display for their countertop with some pull-off tabs like the discount coupons for the gunshows used to do, some way to show local rep phone numbers, update on laws and rallies, etc.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DC, I was talking to the owner of the local gun shop today, it's nearly the only brick and mortar gunshop left in Sanpete county although there are several kitchen-table FFLs around.

His shop is right on main street in Mount Pleasant.  He said that he heard after the fact about the rally up at the capitol a few days back and would have gone if he'd heard about it sooner.

We need to come up with some sort of method for spreading the word to some of these small towns, he's got a pretty good audience since he's the only place for 50 miles selling ammo and gun parts.  I'd love to set up posters or get him on a facebook page or whatever we need to do.  Due to sporting events for the kids, we are constantly traveling to other little towns around central Utah, so once we get some kind or system down I'll spread it throughout Carbon, Emery, Juab, Sevier, .....

Any ideas?  Even if it's a monthly page we update online and provide a stand/display for their countertop with some pull-off tabs like the discount coupons for the gunshows used to do, some way to show local rep phone numbers, update on laws and rallies, etc.
View Quote
Honestly, today, the best way for me to spread this stuff has been over Instagram and Facebook.

I realize that the social media push is actually ostracizing the older generation that doesn't use these.

I'm open to using an email list, text list, or some kind of regional chain-of-command so we can have single-points-of-contact when these kinds of things come up.

We definitely need something. For now:

Utah Firearms Association
https://www.instagram.com/utfirearms/

I'm also looking at setting up "associates" in each area that that can be used as an extension in places that the org can't personally reach.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:09:55 AM EDT
[#9]
They're dead...for now.   A man's freedom, property and money are never safe as long as the state legislature is in session.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 4:28:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They're dead...for now.   A man's freedom, property and money are never safe as long as the state legislature is in session.
View Quote
They come back every year.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top