Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2021 11:08:26 AM EDT
So I put Bilstein 5100 shocks on my Nissan Frontier set at 1 inch of lift. At the same time, I also installed an OEM Nissan camber bolt kit to correct any positive camber.

The first shop I limped it to got it aligned enough I could drive the truck without shredding the tires. But the camber was positive 0.8 degrees so the wheels looked like this from the front  \ /
Second shop told me they could try to fix it, but came out with the same camber.
Third shop I went with the technician and told him which way to turn the camber bolts. Now I have 0.0 camber on drivers side and 0.5 camber on passenger. AND MY STEERING WHEEL IS NOW CROOKED.

I want the camber to be the same left and right, somewhere in between 0.0 and -0.5 is preferable. While getting the camber in range, I want the max allowable positive caster.

I just want to give my money to a COMPETENT mechanic that knows about camber and caster and can get me into the range I want, not just into the "green" on the computer.
If I have to buy adjustable upper control arms, I will. But so far I have not met an alignment tech that I have any faith in adjusting something like that.

Does anyone know of a shop that is capable of helping me with this?

EDIT: I'm in Anniston, but will drive however far I need to get this done correctly.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I learned a few years ago of my disdain for "alignment shops" when I realized every single one except one I called had a "Toe and Go" policy. They all told me the same thing, newer cars do not need or are able to have caster and camber done. So I finally found one that did and it is who I use. Don't know if you want to drive that far but he is honest and does it all or at least the last time I used him he did.

Singleton's Alignment & Muffler Service LLC
Address: 220 Company St, Wetumpka, AL 36092Hours: Open  Closes 5PM
Phone: (334) 567-6760
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I learned a few years ago of my disdain for "alignment shops" when I realized every single one except one I called had a "Toe and Go" policy. They all told me the same thing, newer cars do not need or are able to have caster and camber done. So I finally found one that did and it is who I use. Don't know if you want to drive that far but he is honest and does it all or at least the last time I used him he did.

Singleton's Alignment & Muffler Service LLC
Address: 220 Company St, Wetumpka, AL 36092Hours: Open  Closes 5PM
Phone: (334) 567-6760
View Quote

Thanks for the recommendation, I appreciate it!

I'll give him a call to see if he could work with me, it may very well be worth the trip.

I don't care to spend more on quality service, but it's almost impossible to find.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Look up EKG Auto in Talladega, I don’t know if he does alignments, but he’s in your area and he’s a great guy, been in the business for years.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look up EKG Auto in Talladega, I don’t know if he does alignments, but he’s in your area and he’s a great guy, been in the business for years.
View Quote

I'll give him a call too, thanks Coach.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top