Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2019 3:16:42 PM EDT
Is ABQ Laser Engraving still open or did he close up shop?

The voicemail has stated "closed for bereavement" for over a month now.  I have not had any emails returned.

Is there another shop in town that is good for NFA engraving?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I think he is still in business. I got that message about two months ago. Finally got thru to him and managed to get some receivers engraved. I was hoping to get ahold of him again in a few weeks as I have a few more pieces that I hope to finish soon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
He set up an appointment with me about a month ago, then when I showed up to his house, the doorbell was disabled, and gate baring access to the front door to knock. He didnt answer calls or emails and never got back to me after. I wouldnt bother giving him the time of day. The place next to ABQ guns does engraving... I have to take 3 lowers to them shortly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I lucked out then but I'm going to be needing some lowers engraved soon. Does the engraver do retro engravings too like old Colt A1s?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He set up an appointment with me about a month ago, then when I showed up to his house, the doorbell was disabled, and gate baring access to the front door to knock. He didnt answer calls or emails and never got back to me after. I wouldnt bother giving him the time of day. The place next to ABQ guns does engraving... I have to take 3 lowers to them shortly.
View Quote
Did you ever get those lowers engraved at the jewelry shop next to ABQ guns?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:06:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm doing a retro build from an old M16 parts kit and would like to get a 80% engraved with an appropriate A1 logo. Does anyone know if there is a place in ABQ that can help.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I know this is an old thread but I've about finished a small batch of 80%ers that I will get anodized soon and am looking for a new engraver. Anyone know what happened to the guy who used to do them? He was pretty good. I probably got the last few he did.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:27:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven’t been to him this year, but he solid I’m guessing he laying low with covid19. Hopefully he back up and running he did great Nfa engravings
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know this is an old thread but I've about finished a small batch of 80%ers that I will get anodized soon and am looking for a new engraver. Anyone know what happened to the guy who used to do them? He was pretty good. I probably got the last few he did.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, when I got some engraving done I think in May 2019, I think there had been a death in the family. I'm glad I got the few done. But if you look above, no ones had any reported success since then. I drove by his place maybe in Feb and it looked deserted.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 1:42:07 AM EDT
[#9]
For anybody in the Southern part of the state, Fire for Effect in El Paso does NFA engraving.  
I'm going to be taking 2 lowers and a scorpion to them tomorrow or thurs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top