Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2022 3:36:31 PM EDT
The legislature is going to pass microstamping this session.  Both sponsors are talking it up.  

https://twitter.com/LindaBRosenthal/status/1478801748244545540

https://twitter.com/bradhoylman/status/1478802916735606787

It will prevent the sales of all new handguns if it goes into effect.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've spoken to the legislative directors for both of them. They will listen sometimes...

I suggest everyone possible start calling and telling them it will ban all handgun sales.

Also tell them about COBIS which was a much simpler system and still was way too complicated and failed terribly never solving one crime in 20 years.

Also talk about how easy it will be for a criminal to scratch up the firing pin or breech face to render the microstamp useless.

Say I'm a criminal selling guns to gangs...I'm going to scratch up the serial number and the microstamp spots before I sell them no?

And revolvers? How does this work with those?

Everyone needs to call and ask to speak to the legislative directors.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Also do you have the links to both bills? So we can also call the co-sponsors??

ETA....

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/s4116

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/a7926
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to undermine your heroic efforts-seriously-I think that's their goal
View Quote

I know we always say that...but honestly as fanatical as these legislators are, I don't think they actually want to go as far as banning all legal handgun sales.

The legislative directors I've spoken to about other issues like "ghost guns" have all been legitimately concerned when I told them the impacts the laws would have on law abiding owners.

So much so that they actually removed the part of the ghost gun bill saying it was illegal for anyone but a gunsmith to modify their guns. They honestly didn't realize that people have to modify their guns sometimes... Changing the barrel or the trigger or the stock or the scope etc...

The Everytown fanatics I guarantee want to ban all handguns and they put these bills in the hands of the legislators who have no idea what they're talking about...and they run with it without knowing anything.

So if we educate them, to counter the anti-gun lobbyists, we may actually change some minds.

It worked for me at least partially on the ghost gun bill... If I hadn't educated legislative directors on the negative impacts, it would have banned all parts and kit sales to New York, as well as making any modifications, even legal ones, to your gun, a felony.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Correct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

I think part of the reason we've lost so hard is because we're so defeatist.

If we actually made our voices heard and told them how stupid these bills are they might actually listen.

It worked last year on the ghost gun bill...part of it at least.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Who do we call?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#8]
The only way to get them to notice is to participate in their (Democrat party) elections.  When Dems see 2A people involved the crap will stop.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Call your Assembly & Senate reps.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've spoken to the legislative directors for both of them. They will listen sometimes...

I suggest everyone possible start calling and telling them it will ban all handgun sales.

Also tell them about COBIS which was a much simpler system and still was way too complicated and failed terribly never solving one crime in 20 years.

Also talk about how easy it will be for a criminal to scratch up the firing pin or breech face to render the microstamp useless.

Say I'm a criminal selling guns to gangs...I'm going to scratch up the serial number and the microstamp spots before I sell them no?

And revolvers? How does this work with those?

Everyone needs to call and ask to speak to the legislative directors.

You literally took the words out of my mouth.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who do we call?
View Quote

Click the links I posted. Then Google the names of the sponsors and co sponsors. Call their Albany office and local office. Leave messages to speak with them or their legislative director.

Then tell them how terrible this law would be. For the reasons I spelled out above.

Leave messages. They always call back. Every time.

I often don't give my address or give a zip code on their district and say I'm a constituent anyway so they listen. Who cares.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
U haul
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who do we call?
U haul

this and when u move ship the liberals back to ny like bradon is doing now
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who do we call?
View Quote

Putin or Xi... send MIRVs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Slightly OT but occasionally some wag posts a question on GD asking if anyone would step up to defend this country if it was suddenly under attack. More and more I find myself wondering why (besides turning 60 this year) I would. Would I really want to defend all this garbage from an attacker? I would be perfectly happy these day to grab a bag of popcorn and watch Chinese and Russian ground forces round up all our politicians and demonstrate to them the consequences of their actions. The lines get blurrier every day. Hochul was on the radio today absolutely gleeful at her new mandate that all healthcare workers are mandated to get booster shots with no testing option and next to no exemptions. I am 100% confident that mandate will apply to the rest of us pretty soon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Slightly OT but occasionally some wag posts a question on GD asking if anyone would step up to defend this country if it was suddenly under attack. More and more I find myself wondering why (besides turning 60 this year) I would. Would I really want to defend all this garbage from an attacker? I would be perfectly happy these day to grab a bag of popcorn and watch Chinese and Russian ground forces round up all our politicians and demonstrate to them the consequences of their actions. The lines get blurrier every day. Hochul was on the radio today absolutely gleeful at her new mandate that all healthcare workers are mandated to get booster shots with no testing option and next to no exemptions. I am 100% confident that mandate will apply to the rest of us pretty soon.
View Quote

To answer your question, I would not defend this country anymore.  Over 50% of this nation are a bunch of scumbag assholes I wouldn't fight for.  Fuck them, I don't even give a shit anymore if the USA collapses.  It was a good ride while it lasted but it's over.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Ask them how well Microstamping lowered Maryland's crime rate
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

These laws have as much to do with reducing crime as mask and vaccine mandates have to do with a virus.  It's ALWAYS about control.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

These laws have as much to do with reducing crime as mask and vaccine mandates have to do with a virus.  It's ALWAYS about control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the correct answer….

They are making it difficult to discourage the gun owners and manufacturers……the more complicated they make it the more people will say “fuck it” …..it’s not worth the hassle……same goes for the manufacturers

NY is the master of red tape
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top