Posted: 11/13/2020 2:02:09 PM EDT
Ballot measure 2 looks to be passing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes.

Tried to educate a bunch of the relatives on ballot measure 2 but they were just plain stupid to not do any research.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like another power grab by the lefties.  We voted against it.  One legal voter = one legal vote!

I noticed on the TV ads the $ came from...CA, CO, and TX.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like another power grab by the lefties.  We voted against it.  One legal voter = one legal vote!

I noticed on the TV ads the $ came from...CA, CO, and TX.
View Quote

Thats what I kept pointing out...look at the money supporting it, its outside "dark" money.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]
There is nothing good that can come from that crap. How could so many people fail to see it for what it really is?
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
A Libertarian friend was all for it. I pointed out that the Libertarian party will never win a seat in Alaska if it passed. Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

If this passes, and its not challenged on the merits tied to the illegal and corrupt voting problems that we are currently going through, legislative action to overturn it must happen.  Beyond that, it needs to be legally thrown out in the courts, but that will be a tougher sell due to the courts loyalties politically.

How may times did the legislature refuse to fund the Capital move after we voted to move it?

And where is the Capital of Alaska still to this day?

So there is hope.

Something must be done, because this new voting system cannot happen.  Period.

The voting system must be secured.  Contact your reps immediately and let them know regardless of their political party.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
This is why showing up and showing ID to vote is a must... bet most of the "For" vote are mail in .....
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard murkowski's people were behind this scam. It's the only way she can survive the next primary.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I heard murkowski's people were behind this scam. It's the only way she can survive the next primary.
View Quote

never liked that bug eyed bitch ..... but I can never vote democrat...never
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Same here. The reason they pushed it through is so all the primaries are just one big fuck fest. All those dems that think she's wonderful will quadruple vote for her. I'm no scientist but I think that's how it works.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#11]
You're not wrong.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Same here. The reason they pushed it through is so all the primaries are just one big fuck fest. All those dems that think she's wonderful will quadruple vote for her. I'm no scientist but I think that's how it works.
View Quote

I wouldn't count on her getting support from the left.  She voted against impeachment and voted for our new Supreme Court Justice, after saying the opposite right up until the vote.  The left isn't going to support her after that.  Dr Al might actually have a chance against her.  Need a better GOP candidate and run her out.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Need a conservative native woman to take her spot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Lisa or Gross?  Not much choice there!
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I wouldn't count on her getting support from the left.  She voted against impeachment and voted for our new Supreme Court Justice, after saying the opposite right up until the vote.  The left isn't going to support her after that.  Dr Al might actually have a chance against her.  Need a better GOP candidate and run her out.
View Quote

I live in Palmer. I'm surrounded by old ladies that are reliving their bra burning years, (thankfully on figuratively) and clueless young people. They seem to let her slide on the purity test. I'm sure they would prefer a hard core marxist but settle for what they can realistically get.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I live in Palmer. I'm surrounded by old ladies that are reliving their bra burning years, (thankfully on figuratively) and clueless young people. They seem to let her slide on the purity test. I'm sure they would prefer a hard core marxist but settle for what they can realistically get.
View Quote

I live in Palmer too, but moved here in April from Anchorage.  The Anchorage left is up in arms over her.  She got their hopes up and then broke their hearts.  If there is any alternative to her I won't vote for her either.  She may have been a good Senator at one point, but now she'll say or do anything to keep getting re-elected.  She voted the party line when it came down to it, but she talked a lot of shit before the votes, and I don't think she wanted to vote the way she did; I think she just realized she would be run out of the state if she voted to impeach or not to confirm.  Eventually she will betray us.

Also, Al Gross did a lot better than he had any reason to, and it won't be a big election year.  Most people will go vote when it's a presidential election, but those numbers drop off when it's just the House or Senate, or state and local elections.  If there's one thing this election has proven, the left will get out and vote when they need to, and they're gunning for her in Anchorage.  Depending on how the Georgia run-offs go the DNC will be heavily investing in other Senate races around the county moving forward.  Everyone knows Dr Al is a Dem in all but name, I'd expect him to get some help from the DNC if he runs again.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Too bad we can't find a dog musher, hockey player, someone with mass appeal to primary her out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Too bad we can't find a dog musher, hockey player, someone with mass appeal to primary her out.
View Quote

Primary her out???we did that once...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top