Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/22/2007 1:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak]
Alaska Carry Information

HB 102, signed by the Governor on June 11, 2003 changes Alaska Statute 11.61.220 to allow anyone 21 or older, who may legally carry a firearm to also carry it concealed without having to obtain a special permit. The possession of a firearm at courthouses, schoolyards, bars and domestic violence shelters will continue to be prohibited. Alaskans may still obtain a concealed carry permit if they want reciprocity with other states.

A person 21 or older may be charged with carrying a concealed deadly weapon under AS 11.61.220 if s/he
fails to immediately inform a peace officer that s/he is carrying a concealed handgun
fails to allow the officer to secure the weapon or fails to secure the weapon at the direction of the peace officer, or
carries the weapon concealed within another person’s residence, unless s/he has first obtained the express permission of an adult residing there, whether or not the person has a concealed handgun permit.

As of today 03/03/08
Officially, there are 8,630 active "Alaska Concealed Handgun Permits".
Numbers obtained from the Alaska, Permits and Licensing Resources Unit.

Alaska Concealed Handgun Permits

CHP Frequently Asked Questions

Federal FAQ's

Can I legally carry in the Post Office?
Each state law is different. In some states, Post Office carry is restricted
by the state, in others it’s not. If it’s not restricted by the state,
Alaska State of, has no listed restriction about carrying in Post Offices.
Title 18, United States Code, Sec. 930 applies.
Title 18, United States Code, Sec. 930. - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons
in Federal facilities
a. Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or
causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal
facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be
fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
d. Subsection (a) shall not apply to -
3. The lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons
in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful
purposes.

Can I carry in a National Park?
On Thursday, March 19, a federal district court in Washington, D.C. granted anti-gun plaintiffs a preliminary injunction against implementation of the new rule allowing law-abiding citizens to defend themselves by carrying a concealed firearm in national parks and wildlife refuges.  
In Thursday's ruling, Federal District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly issued the preliminary injunction against the Department of the Interior rule that took effect on January 9, 2009.  The revised rule allowed individuals to carry concealed firearms for self-defense in national parks and national wildlife refuges located in states that allow the carrying of concealed firearms.

Can I carry in National Forests?
There is no Federal Law restricting Concealed Carry in a National Forest.
Be advised that any building on the National Forest belonging to the Federal Government is off limits to concealed carry they are considered Federal Buildings.

Can I carry concealed on Military Installations?
Concealed carry on military installations is prohibited by federal
law. Some military installations have shooting ranges. If the installation
does have a shooting range, they will have rules about transporting firearms
on that installation. Check with the proper military authorities at that
installation about their firearms transport policy.

Alaska State of,
Places You Can’t Carry In Alaska.

AS 11.61.220

A public or private school for grades K through 12,
including the school grounds, parking lot or on a bus while
used for a school sponsored activities, unless the person
carrying the firearm has the permission of the chief
administrative officer of the school or the school district.

Any place where intoxicating liquor is sold for
consumption on the premises, except a restaurant where the
person carrying the firearm did not consume intoxicating
liquor.

Any licensed child care facility or licensed
assisted living home for the elderly or for the mentally or
physically disabled, if the facility is other than a
(18.65.755 private residence (REVISED)

Within a courtroom or office of the Alaska Court
System, or within a courthouse that is occupied only by the
Alaska Court System and other Justice related
agencies.

Within a domestic violence or sexual assault
shelter that receives funding from the state.

Within another person's residence, unless the
person carrying the firearm has first obtained the express
permission of an adult residing there to bring the firearm
into the residence. Now( 11.65.755)

Alaska State of,
Additional Information About Places That We Can And Can't Carry.

Alaska Railroad Can't Carry
All firearms must be declared and checked through baggage. The firearm must be either disassembled (slide or bolt removed) or have a lock (trigger or cable type) installed to prevent operation. Additionally, the firearm must be in a locked case. Concealed weapons are not permitted on board.
Alaska Railroad

Alaska Marine Highway System (Alaska Ferry) Can't Carry
Gun Policy. Transporting Firearms
Walk-on passengers traveling with legal firearms or weapons on AMHS vessels are required to check these items with an AMHS employee. All firearms must be unloaded and ammunition stowed separately from the firearms. Unloaded firearms may be securely locked in passengers' vehicles. Please note that new laws regulating the import, export, and possession of firearms have been implemented in Canada and the U.S. Please check with Canadian or U.S. customs offices prior transporting a firearm into these countries. You can get more information on the Internet at Canada Customs and Revenue Agency, the Canadian Firearms Center, and for U.S. regulations at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms site.
Alaska Marine Highway System (Alaska Ferry)
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
Canada Customs FAQ's
Canadian Firearms Center

Ted Stevens International Airport in Anchorage. Can't Carry.
Updated (Changed from can to can't) 3/19/08I called the Airport Police today(PH#266-2511) I am now told that we can't carry unless you are LEO. I don't know why I am now told this but this is what the Airport Police are now saying.
Ted Stevens International Airport

Liquor Stores. Can Carry
I asked (in person) the Owner of my favorite Liquor Store.
He told me that there is no State or Federal law prohibiting Carrying.

Federal Credit Unions.
Are not Federal Property. They are privately owned by the credit union and the credit union is owned by its membership. There are no Federal or State Laws prohibiting the concealed carry of Handguns in them.
Please check with your Federal Credit Union about their formal policy prohibiting concealed Handguns.
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union. Can Carry
I asked (in person) my Branch Manager.
She contacted Security and asked them.
I was then informed that it was OK to carry there.

Canada.

Visiting/Passing through with or importing Firearms and or Ammunition helpful links.

Firearm Users Visiting Canada

Importing a Firearm or Weapon Into Canada PDF

*Disclaimer*The information posted here is correct to the best of my knowledge.
This information is only posted so as to help you the Reader in making an informed judgment.
You the Reader are solely responsible for your own actions.
I in no way accept any liability for the actions of any Readers of this post.

I am no expert. I'm just a guy that has an Alaska Concealed Handgun Permit that wants to stay within the Law.

Ripak

I would like to give Thanks to.
uafgrad
BLY
SpecialOperator
TaylorWSO

For helping with keeping the Information Correct and Updated in this Post/Thread.

Truly, I Thank All Of You.

Updated 05/03/09   Fixed Dead Links

Link Posted: 10/22/2007 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Ripak:

that wants to stay within the Law.

Ripak

Good goal my friend
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 1:50:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#2]

Originally Posted By MGNiko:

that wants to stay within the Law.

Ripak

Good goal my friend

Hopefully, this thread will help others with doing the same.

For them that don't know this.
MGNiko and I are Great Friends, Range Buddies and Firearms Training Classmate's.
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 4:45:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Perfect .
Thank you for putting this up .
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#4]
As one coming back home (from Outside and it has been quite awhile since my AK CC class) THANK YOU!!!  Nice to know concisely where we can go!  Airport was a HUGE help BTW...

hello
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Good read, thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I return Everyone's "Thanks" with a "You're Welcome"

Mrs. Ken. Howdy and a back at you.
When you and Mr. Ken make it back Home.  Maybe we all can get some range time together. I live the Anchorage area.

Ripak

Link Posted: 11/8/2007 12:39:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrs_camo_ken] [#7]

I return Everyone's "Thanks" with a "You're Welcome"

Mrs. Ken. Howdy and a back at you.
When you and Mr. Ken make it back Home.  Maybe we all can get some range time together. I live the Anchorage area.

Ripak

Sweet...still waiting on the final word from the Company...

What about carrying on the job?  Like if you work in a store or office not off limits (technically).  Do you by law need to get "permission" from the employer, or do you have the law on your side to CC to your office/shop?  I ask this because I am looking at a "purse holster"  and eventually will go back to work in the next year or two.  ETA: would NOT be at an already "Off Limits" location.
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 1:23:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#8]

Originally Posted By mrs_camo_ken:

Sweet...still waiting on the final word from the Company...

What about carrying on the job?  Like if you work in a store or office not off limits (technically).  Do you by law need to get "permission" from the employer, or do you have the law on your side to CC to your office/shop?  I ask this because I am looking at a "purse holster"  and eventually will go back to work in the next year or two.  ETA: would NOT be at an already "Off Limits" location.

The answer to your question as stated.
You do not need their Permisson to carry at work. You would not be breaking any "Laws" but you may lose your job.
There is no Law stating that you can carry at work and can't be "Let Go" for doing so.

This would be a judgment call on your part.

I carry at work (and prior jobs) I do not ask or tell them.

ETA
"Let Go" = Fired, if you knew Company policy was No Firearms at work.
"Let Go" = Laid-off, if no policy but they just did not like you carrying to work.

Link Posted: 11/8/2007 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I think that covers it.....

I figured that since AK is an "at-will" state (Fire/layoff at will) it would be at the discretion or bias of the employer after the fact.

Don't ask, Don't tell.  If I have to go through a confrontation at work (rather unlikely since I probably won't do convenience stores) being laid off would be the last of my worries!
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Mrs. ken

Yep, don't ask don't tell is how I play the game.

If the Company did not have it forbidden in writing and I was ever found out.
I would play my "Ace in the Hole". That would be, I wanted to give the Company Plausible Denial. If that didn't work, oh well I'll find another job.

P.S. No matter how safe you are at work you still need to get from the parking lot to the front door and back again.
Being that you are a Female you run an extra risk.
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 1:37:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I have worked in some pretty shady areas (meaning heavily wooded...ya know what I mean) in Anchorage, so I have always dreaded that.  But they were the university and the other on the same grounds as a childcare, so there ya go.

Thanks, though, for the clarification...now it is there for others!
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Ripak,

It IS, in fact, legal to carry in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park.  

"Can I bring a firearm for bear protection?

Firearms ARE allowed in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve, but it is illegal to carry firearms in some of Alaska's other national parks, so check before you go."

http://www.nps.gov/wrst/faqs.htm
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By SpecialOperator:
Ripak,

It IS, in fact, legal to carry in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park.  

"Can I bring a firearm for bear protection?

Firearms ARE allowed in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve, but it is illegal to carry firearms in some of Alaska's other national parks, so check before you go."

http://www.nps.gov/wrst/faqs.htm

Thanks. Really Thank You.

I knew of one, that I had learned about in my CCW class.
I just could not remember the name so I did not comment about any National Park in Alaska that we could carry in. I tried finding the name but failed.
I will confirm and add to the first post.

Confirmed, from your link.
Question: Can I bring a firearm for bear protection?

Firearms ARE allowed in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve, but it is illegal to carry firearms in some of Alaska's other national parks, so check before you go.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/11/2007 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#14]
No problem.    I'm planning an extended backcountry trip up that way with all my buddies, but we initially discounted NPs because none of us were willing to go unarmed.  You can imagine my joy at finding that little nugget of info!  
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Since the no permit law came into effect, do we have any numbers? Good, bad, whatever...Has anything changed? id really like to know....
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By mrs_camo_ken:
I have worked in some pretty shady areas (meaning heavily wooded...ya know what I mean) in Anchorage, so I have always dreaded that.  But they were the university and the other on the same grounds as a childcare, so there ya go.

Thanks, though, for the clarification...now it is there for others!

It is not against state  law to CCW on UA campuses (or any college in Alaska for that matter.  UA Regents have made it the UA policy you are not allowed to CCW.  If caught they can only ask you to leave and issue a tresspass warning, they can not arrest you for it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By AKwildcard:
Since the no permit law came into effect, do we have any numbers? Good, bad, whatever...Has anything changed? id really like to know....

Good Question.
I have not seen any posted numbers one way or the other as to how many Permits have been issued or are current. No way to tell how many People are carring without the not needed Permit.

FWIW. The only stories, I have read about have been People that by Law should not of been in possession of a firearm doing the unlawful shootings.
I think law abiding Alaskans for the most part are not *Make My Day* Trigger Happy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#18]
It is outdated, but when I took my CCW class in 2001 there were about 10,000 CCW holders.  Less incentive now with no NICS-exempt status (I still have mine though ).  You only get reciprocity, and may be a leg up in court if you are forced to act.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 6:59:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#19]
As of today 03/03/08
Officially, there are 8,630 active "Alaska Concealed Handgun Permits".

Numbers obtained from the Alaska, Permits and Licensing Resources Unit by placing a simple phone call.

~R

PS. This information has been added to the threads first post.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:21:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#20]
Update 03/19/08. Added to my first post.

Updated(Changed from can to can't) 3/19/08
I called the Airport Police today(PH#266-2511) I am now told that we can't carry unless you are LEO.

I don't know why I am now told this but this is what the Airport Police are now saying.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:37:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Update 03/19/08. Added to my first post.

Updated(Changed from can to can't) 3/19/08
I called the Airport Police today(PH#266-2511) I am now told that we can't carry unless you are LEO.

I don't know why I am now told this but this is what the Airport Police are now saying.

Naturally you cant carry past the security check point.  Do they mean the whole airport?  Is there some written law that says this? Or is it just some airport LEOs opinion?

What about Lake Hood?  What if I land at international and taxi to Lake Hood?  What if i drop someone off at the terminal and don't get out of the car?  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:00:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#22]
As a Pilot your rules may very. Maybe with your inside knowledge/contacts you could help us find the answers.

I was told that it was OK to have a firearm in your automobile and would be OK to leave it inside while it is parked at the International Airport.

Lake Hood I did not ask about. I believe that would not be an International Airport and as such the laws may very.

~R
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Did the airport ever get sorted out?
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 4:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#24]

Originally Posted By Kodiak-AK:
Did the airport ever get sorted out?

Nope. I have done nothing more as far as the Who, What and Where.

I should get busy and do this but anyone needing the answers could make a call that might answer some of theses questions and share this information with all of us.

If anyone was to do this and make a coherent post. Aside from the fact that you now know you are acting within the "Law" I'll give you credit for keeping the information, *correct and up to date*.

Ripak
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:33:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:58:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#26]

Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:
Hijack

Driving through Canada

Thanks.

~R

Added to first post.

Thanks Again
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Lotta good info here. I have a 50/50 chance of getting a job in Alaska and this answers many of my CCW questions.
Y'all are very similar to Florida's laws. If I get the job, I'm gonna feel right at home!
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#28]
With some stores having psted policies about firearms , does that over-ride state laws being that its private property , ie walmart , fred meyers etc
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 5:17:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#29]
Greetings MountainMan1976
No, this does not over-ride State laws.
They are free to post their signs and you can still carry without breaking any laws but once they ask you to leave then you need to do so because then you could be charged with trespassing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#30]
And now today we can finally carry in National Forests...... Yippeeeeeee, I can finally protect my family and myself....... that was a hard fight, next fight New York City!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 11:52:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#31]
National Parks and Wildlife Refuges. Yes we can but I'm not sure if it's without a Concealed Handgun Permit or if we must have one. This was not made clear from what I have read.

Any input from others is welcome. I'll update the first post when I know what to add.

Interior Announces Final Firearms Policy Update

"The final rule, which updates existing regulations, would allow an individual to carry a concealed weapon in national parks and wildlife refuges if, and only if, the individual is authorized to carry a concealed weapon under state law in the state in which the national park or refuge is located."

“The Department’s final regulation respects this tradition by allowing individuals to carry concealed firearms in federal park units and refuges to the extent that they could lawfully do so under state law.  This is the same basic approach adopted by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the United States Forest Service (USFS), both of which allow visitors to carry weapons consistent with applicable federal and state laws.”
Link Posted: 2/6/2009 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#32]
A delayed thanks for the info Rip , I had forgot id posted a question in here
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 4:48:00 AM EDT
[#33]
You're Welcome.

Link Posted: 2/7/2009 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FB41:
Lotta good info here. I have a 50/50 chance of getting a job in Alaska and this answers many of my CCW questions.
Y'all are very similar to Florida's laws. If I get the job, I'm gonna feel right at home!

It ain't 50-50 anymore (I'm working at Ft.Greely) and thanks to the good information here, I carry my Kahr K9 without worry.

My Thanks to all who posted the info!

Link Posted: 2/8/2009 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Welcome to Alaska FB41

So are you going to change that Fl to Ak?

We are a tight bunch up here ,even as spread out as we are.

~R
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#36]
RIPAK,

Add another "thank you" to the list for all of the information.  

I am looking for clarification on something else.  I am a former Alaskan (and former permit holder) that no longer has resident status, but will be returning soon.  In order to carry under the new law, do you need to live in the state for a year (or some other period) first?  If I remember correctly, that was a requirement when you still needed the permit.

Thanks again for all the info.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 1:40:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ripak] [#37]
If you just want to carry.......Alaska Statute 11.61.220 allows anyone 21 or older, who may legally carry a firearm to also carry it concealed without having to obtain a special permit.

If you want to obtain the permit.....Only Alaska residents may have an Alaska concealed handgun permit. You must establish residency in the State of Alaska and may apply for a permit after you have been here at least 90 days

Alaska Concealed Handgun Permits

Frequently Asked Questions

Link Posted: 2/16/2009 1:55:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for all of the information. I am wondering if someone has any type of list of the approved courses. I know I can write it and get it list but I am sure that will take several weeks. I am in Sitka, and I know that there isn't a lot available. I just want to know what I have to complete to get it done.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 3:30:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JBjunior:
Thanks for all of the information. I am wondering if someone has any type of list of the approved courses. I know I can write it and get it list but I am sure that will take several weeks. I am in Sitka, and I know that there isn't a lot available. I just want to know what I have to complete to get it done.

I'll make a call in the morning and ask My Firearms Instructor........ Who? if anyone in Sitka offers the needed Class Certificate for the CHP licence.

~R

Link Posted: 2/16/2009 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry, He knows of no one doing this but is willing to go there if enough want this class.

Link Posted: 2/16/2009 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#41]
So is there only one type of course that meets the requirement? I know an NRA course was mentioned on the website and I know NRA Instructors. I was wondering if there was a complete list of the approved courses. I know since I am in the military I can get the Florida one just for that and they accept different states courses and NRA courses. The website said that there was an assortment of courses that meet the criteria.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#42]
So is there only one type of course that meets the requirement?  The website said that there was an assortment of courses that meet the criteria.

I'm thinking only one type of course. I could be wrong but I think I'm correct.

Link Posted: 2/16/2009 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#43]
So is there only one type of course that meets the requirement?  The website said that there was an assortment of courses that meet the criteria.

Ok, you obviously know more about it than I do but the states website is just throwing me off. It says things like this "A list of approved handgun courses is available from the Permits and Licensing Unit at the  address listed on the cover page." In plural which makes me think there is more than one and, "(a) An applicant for a permit to carry a concealed handgun shall provide a certificate of successful completion of
a handgun course that is approved by the department. The handgun course must have been completed within
the 12 months immediately preceding the application. The department shall approve a handgun course, including
the personal protection course offered by the National Rifle Association, if the course tests the applicant's
(1) knowledge of Alaska law relating to firearms and the use of deadly force;
(2) familiarity with the basic concepts of the safe and responsible use of handguns;
(3) knowledge of self-defense principles; and
(4) physical competence with a handgun.

That is right out of the statute. So that is why I am thinking there is more than one course. There are many other courses that meet that requirement, that is why I am wondering what they have on their "list" which they talk about but that you have to write in to them to get.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#44]

K, Lets make this an IM thing, I will do my part.

IM me if you care to.

~R

Link Posted: 2/17/2009 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#45]
JBjunior
After thinking overnight about my above reply.
I now feel I was wrong to ask that this be taken to IM's.

Your question is a very valid one and should be addressed in the open.

I made a phone call to the Alaska Dept. of Public Safety
Permits and Licensing Unit PH# (907) 269-0392  AK Concealed Handgun Licenses.

I am correct that there is only one class that is acceptable with the exception of a former Police Officer that has left the force within the last year and his training will count as being acceptable for obtaining the permit.

The closest city to you that offers the needed class is in Juneau.
~R

Link Posted: 2/17/2009 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#46]
No problem either way, either in here or IM. I called the Licensing place today and they told me something different. They said the the "Sitka Sportsman's Association" offered the course here in Sitka. I sent them an email to see what they say. I didn't ask specifically about whether there was only one course or not but that is the impression I got from the conversation.
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Sitka Sportsman's Association. Cool, I hope they still offer the class.

Now, it's out there for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 8:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UnequivocalLiberty] [#48]
Ripak,

Could you tell me what charges a person under the age of 21 might face, if found to be carrying a concealed pistol? The reason I ask, is because my wife is underage and she wants to weigh the benifit/downside of carrying. She is over the age of 18, has sound judgement and acceptable firearms handling skills as of this point so I would normally encourage her to carry, but I do not want her to become a felon or face other serious charges.

I hardly have the time to come on here anymore, so I often forget that I posted a question... I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me an IM with a reminder of the question I posed.
That way our corespondence can be contained in this thread.

ETA: Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By UnequivocalLiberty:
Ripak,

Could you tell me what charges a person under the age of 21 might face, if found to be carrying a concealed pistol?

I know I'm not Ripak, but she can legally carry it openly and not have to worry about any kind of charges.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:14:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By UnequivocalLiberty:
Ripak, Could you tell me what charges a person under the age of 21 might face, if found to be carrying a concealed pistol?

I don't know off the top of my head and that's not the answer you would want anyway.
I'll make a few calls in the morning and let you know what I have learned.

~R

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top