Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2021 10:04:48 AM EDT
So I’m currently employed as a GS civilian with a government agency in Huntsville.  

If I get terminated because I do not get the Covid shot would I be eligible for workers comp?

*ETA…..Called the AL DOL for an answer.  All available appointments for today are booked.  Lol.  Could only find out through the automated system that “if I’m fired for no fault of my own” I’m eligible for benefits.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how they would handle not getting the shot as "no fault of your own" if it is a personal choice.  I am curious to see how the reps and gov handle this.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder how they would handle not getting the shot as "no fault of your own" if it is a personal choice.  I am curious to see how the reps and gov handle this.
View Quote

Yep, as am I.  

I’ll find another job.  I have several skills.  Won’t make what I am now.  But there are more important things.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know the answer but good luck with it. Rough situations lots of you being forced to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't know the answer but good luck with it. Rough situations lots of you being forced to deal with.
View Quote

We’ll be okay.  Nothing has come thru yet about it.  I know it is coming.  But I will find another job or we’ll learn how to live on the cheap.  

I figure The wife and I could always just pack up the camper and squat on someone’s German Bakery land down in Morgan County if the worst happens.  

Only kidding
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We’ll be okay.  Nothing has come thru yet about it.  I know it is coming.  But I will find another job or we’ll learn how to live on the cheap.  

I figure The wife and I could always just pack up the camper and squat on someone’s German Bakery land down in Morgan County if the worst happens.  

Only kidding
View Quote

Come on down. Gotta help me with the grass though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I imagine the lawsuits will be tying up courts for years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I imagine the lawsuits will be tying up courts for years.

LOL. Wait until the Vaccine Law Suits begin. Fauci will be looking for a country to hide in.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I would bet that you are not eligible. Alabama does everything that they can to screw you out of your money.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Tag. I'm interested to know what you find out. I'm gov contractor and in the same situation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Only kidding
View Quote
Where is this German bakery ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Where is this German bakery ?
View Quote

Here it is
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#13]
My employer is calling it a “voluntary resignation” if you don’t get vaccinated.  This would make it possible for them to deny unemployment claims.  

Most people focus on the OSHA mandate, but the EEOC ruling that a private employer firing employees that fail to get vaccinated is NOT discrimination is what opened the door for private sector employers to force vaccination.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I've seen government employees terminated before for criminal, procedural, and security violations, every one of them got their job back with back pay after the lawsuit.  I don't see how this vaccine mandate is going to stick based on that history.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#15]
G-man contractor as well. Our company has been pushing the vax because company HQ is in a liberal state. I've already told my supervisor that that state's laws have no jurisdiction here, our current contract doesn't require it, and the federal judge for our district said it was not enforceable due to being non-constitutional. So, if company HQ wanted to push it and violate my constitutional rights, then I knew a couple of good lawyers. Not threatening, just informing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm interested to see how badly government backlog gets if they do start terminating employees and contractors over it.

I do taxes for a living and the last couple years have been horrible, in large part due to IRS staffing issues. I can't imagine this is going to make it any better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top