Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2021 12:26:36 AM EDT
Just checking into to make sure everyone is ok. So far in Southeast Morgan county it is just cold. Expecting to get our turn with the ice later Monday morning.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing east of Birmingham along I-20 just yet.

I think the cold front will get here after the rain passes through tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Fun times.

Im headed to Tuscaloosa today for work from Birmingham.  We'll see!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#4]
No ice/snow, here. It rained, but it's not cold enough to freeze it.

Looking at the forecast, it's funny that it shows snow at 2:00 pm, but the temp is supposed to be 39. Not sure how that's going to happen, but that's what it says. Tonight, after 7:00pm, it's supposed to go down in the 20s. So if there's still water on the roads, it's going to make the drive home interesting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
South Huntsville is rain this morning. Pretty good sheet of ice on my windshield tho'. This tells me the bridges are probably not good. One of wifes co-workers went in early and confirmed. I believe they're going to let her go on and stay home.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#6]
With it going into the teens will the covers be enough for the outside faucets or should I ditch them and just let them drip?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With it going into the teens will the covers be enough for the outside faucets or should I ditch them and just let them drip?
View Quote

I have always just let mine drip and never had a problem. Don't take what i said as gospel. I am just too lazy to cover the outside faucets!

The new bridges going up and down Brindlee Mtn froze over. There was a 20-25 car pileup on the Northbound side this morning. My driveway is starting to freeze so I am assuming the roads are starting to freeze as well. I did put my trashcan out on the road as Monday is our pickup day. Be just my luck they'd come by for pickup if I didn't the can at the road.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always cover mine.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Going to/from work (Tarrant area) was fine today. We’ll see about tomorrow, because I have to travel I-22 and 31 through Fultondale and then back roads from Fultondale to work.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always cover my with the Styrofoam cups from the hardware stores. I keep them covered for most of the winter. If you let them drip, it reduces the water pressure and firemen hate that because there are more house fires in the extreme cold.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#11]
School is closed again so I have all day to not do anything.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#12]
We have about an inch and a half of snow on top of some ice here in SE Morgan County.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#13]
10 miles north of the border outside my home/office:

It rained/sleeted all night.  So there's an inch or so of ice on all my outside vehicles.  I can't even get my tractor out and about:  My shop doors are iced up and stuck.  Won't be able to go anywhere until tomorrow at the earliest.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Snowing pretty good here in East Limestone.  I hope they are sanding the roads.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Again? It’s drizzling and only getting down to 39 here tonight.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just got home (East Limestone) from work (Elkmont). I passed a sand/salt truck going through Athens. Still tons of people on the road through the intermittent snow/sleet.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#17]
My son will be coming home from Marshall in a couple of hours.  He may stay there for the night.  We have a few inches here in East Limestone and Nick Davis.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Looking at Green Mountain down Weatherly 16FEB

I dont think we get to see that very often - the even line in the trees

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top