Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2021 4:21:44 PM EDT
Remember when they had to raise taxes on gas to pay for roads?

From State Rep Tim Wadsworth on FB: HB15 Bill to transfer $1,200,000 from Road and Bridge Fund to ALEA- PASSED

So taking money from roads to pay for ALEA is good. Does that mean we will be raising taxes even more to make up for the shortfall they will now say is there?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Good thing they got all the roads fixed.

I must just be imagining getting my truck bounced around on  the worn out, patched, and cratered roads that are probably carrying 5-10x the capacity they were originally designed for.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good thing they got all the roads fixed.

I must just be imagining getting my truck bounced around on  the worn out, patched, and cratered roads that are probably carrying 5-10x the capacity they were originally designed for.
View Quote

The junction going from I-459 North onto I-20 East is absolute shit.

Plus most of I-20.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#3]
God damn it
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
They better be giving everyone free CC permits. Letting each county's SO determine the price is dumb. South Carolina permits are good for 5 years and cost $50. Five would cost me $100 in Morgan county.

For them to take money from the road fund and use it for who knows what is dumb. I wonder who blew who for that to happen.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For them to take money from the road fund and use it for who knows what is dumb.
View Quote

Its just the start.  Sooner or later, they're going to raid the road fund for everything.

Then, they will complain there's not enough money to fix the roads.

This is exactly why I've always opposed a state education lottery.  I full expect the legislature would steal from the monies raised and education to have nothing!
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The junction going from I-459 North onto I-20 East is absolute shit.

Plus most of I-20.
View Quote

I was out that way last Monday. First time in a long time. And you're not kidding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top