Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2018 4:14:10 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'll be back down your way here in 3 weeks or so.  I'm planning on hitting a bunch of aircraft museums while I'm in the area, but am hoping you guys might have some other neat ideas on where to go/photograph.  Anything else neat you all can think of?  Unfortunately as I'm not driving, places can't be horribly far from Lynnwood or Seattle though.  Gotta convince family to be my taxi and all.

I've been to these before, but am hoping to go back to all of them with my newer camera gear.
-Boeing Museum of Flight
-Museum of Flight Restoration Center (if possible)
-Flying Heritage
-Historic Flight
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you've got the locals covered. If you get a chance to go up to Whidbey Island, The PBY Museum is a good one, and if you ever make it down to Oregon, check out Evergreen in McMinnville, and the Erickson collection in Madras.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like you've got the locals covered. If you get a chance to go up to Whidbey Island, The PBY Museum is a good one, and if you ever make it down to Oregon, check out Evergreen in McMinnville, and the Erickson collection in Madras.
View Quote
Pretty much anything an hour out of the way is a no go until I'm able to rent a vehicle.  I'll keep it in mind though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for McMinnville- the spruce goose is there
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Boeing Future of Flight and big ass giant warehouse of large things in Everett. (The Historic Flight Foundation is also there with more plane things).
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
@NorthPolar  Keep me updated.  Your ammo misses you!  
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@NorthPolar  Keep me updated.  Your ammo misses you!  
View Quote
I’m down the 23rd to 28th and will be up in Lynwood again. No doc appts this visit, so it’s just relaxing thus far for the schedule.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Olympic at Olympia Flight Museum has a great collection as well.
Olympic Flight
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll donate a pair of tickets to The Museum of Flight if you want them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll donate a pair of tickets to The Museum of Flight if you want them.
View Quote
Thank you, but I can’t guarantee that I’ll make it. It really depends on how my cousins are doing health wise, babysitting the grandkids, etc. I’ll hopefully make it, but can’t promise on it either.

Reminds me that I need to call and remind them I fly in tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Should have some warm weather in store for you, I work during the day all week, but I'm around on the north end

Gone to northeast WA all next weekend after turkeys leaving on Friday though!
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 3:06:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Boeing Museum and take the Boeing Factory Tour.  Stop at their gift shop.

"If it ain't Boeing....I ain't going."

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 3:19:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Should have some warm weather in store for you, I work during the day all week, but I'm around on the north end

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sorry, I didn't even see your reply until today.    The weather was fantastic to too damn warm depending on the day.  Naturally my cousins decided to go to Roosegaarde when it was 80 out.

Hope turkey hunting went well though.

Quoted:
Boeing Museum and take the Boeing Factory Tour.  Stop at their gift shop.

"If it ain't Boeing....I ain't going."

Aloha, Mark
Yup, I did the main Boeing museum, but didn't get the factory tour.  Mostly due to health currently, but it's on my list eventually.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top