Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2020 11:49:02 PM EDT
How does this work?

https://www.governor.state.nm.us/2020/03/27/gov-lujan-grisham-orders-self-isolation-for-air-travelers-to-n-m/

Anyone flying into the state has to self quarantine for 14 days or the duration of your stay if less than 14 days?

What if you fly in to visit family? No family visits, zoom or face time from the hotel hellroom?

Are the hotels on lockdown orders? No guests allowed outside their rooms?

Do visitors have to give an address where they'll be quarantined?

How is the State keeping track of everyone coming into the State and keeping track of their movements?

What if you want to camp on private property outside city limits?

What about time shares or B&B or cabin rentals?

What about everyone who drives into the State? Are NMSP stopping everyone with an out of State license plate "papers please" thing?

Where are the recall petitions?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy wall of question marks?
Your post brought a tear to my eye as my Families only claim to fame is that my Great, Great, Great, Great, Great grandfather invented the "Question Mark".

Are you telling us that our state is different some how?

Our governor told us that all this is "normal".

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm having a difficult time comprehending how 'The State' is going to keep track of everyone arriving via airlines since there is more than one airport in the state.

Usually, under 'normal' circumstances arriving visitors and residents either rent a vehicle at point of arrival or locally or they're picked up by friends/family and disperse to what ever they're going to do.

Telling visitors or family arriving from out of state to self quarantine for 14 days and telling them that anyone they interact with ftf to self quarantine for 14 days just seems absurd and wholly unenforceable.

Hotels would have to be complicit in reporting 'guests' leaving their rooms and I'm sure as sand not going to do business with a hotel/motel reporting my movements to a state agency.

Are the PD's stopping everyone who 'looks suspiciously from out of town' and demanding travel documents, cell phone information, checking rental car gps?

To me it's a giant WTF was she thinking issuing such an absurd EO.

What about all the people who drive into the State?

How many roads into and out of the bosque? You got NMSP conducting license plate reading at all the points or something like that or are there so many ratfucked Karen's there that your Governor can intimidate and threaten everyone into compliance?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I truly believe that the idiot is thinking everyone is obeying all of her orders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top