Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 4:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
So what is going on?  I was 6100 on 12-8 and back up over 6200 on 12-12 and I have a Conceal carry.  How did I go back up?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just picked up a glock G20 at keiths today. Another instant approval.
Wonder what it is that kicks people into the que vs instant approval.
View Quote

I think having a valid CHL puts you to the front of the line. @ORjeepguy
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think having a valid CHL puts you to the front of the line. @ORjeepguy
View Quote

Front of the non CHL line and back of the CHL line.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Front of the non CHL line and back of the CHL line.
View Quote

I've seen a letter from OSP stating they aren't giving preference to CHL holders anymore. Associated buyers (pawn shop in roseburg) posted the letter on facebook. However people who have always gone through instantly still go through instantly.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 1:38:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It's been mentioned here and at other sites that I frequent concerning the PNW that having an unusual last name helps.

Also, my FFL says to enter your ssn in the optional
Box on a 4473.

The swamp already has it anyway, what can it hurt ?
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Picked up a gun wednesday and got an instant.  dont taze me bro
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've seen a letter from OSP stating they aren't giving preference to CHL holders anymore. Associated buyers (pawn shop in roseburg) posted the letter on facebook. However people who have always gone through instantly still go through instantly.
View Quote

US (Umpqua Survival) has told me they have been seeing it go on and off. Sometimes CHL get preference, sometimes not.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Initial background check started on 11/25/22, approved on 1/5/23.  Had to do a 30 re-run on the phone with OSP, and will probably have to pay another $10 for the second check.  Oregon and Utah CHL holder, and have purchased a lot of guns in years past.  The system doesn't work efficiently with this volume of purchases.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Initial background check started on 11/25/22, approved on 1/5/23.  Had to do a 30 re-run on the phone with OSP, and will probably have to pay another $10 for the second check.  Oregon and Utah CHL holder, and have purchased a lot of guns in years past.  The system doesn't work efficiently with this volume of purchases.
View Quote

The system doesn't work. Period.

Glad you got your gun!
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Current wait is 37,000 people.

Just go to a ffl that honors federal law and releases after 3 days.

Tigard pawn 4 more is the only ffl I will use now.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Current wait is 37,000 people.

Just go to a ffl that honors federal law and releases after 3 days.

Tigard pawn 4 more is the only ffl I will use now.

View Quote

Took a friend into the shop today. They said they would honor the 3 day rule if she doesn’t clear by then.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I just called my local AD here in Eugene and I am number 15,600 ish in line of 21,500 ish.  I ordered the gun in October, came in on January 9th and did my background same day.  So been waiting from Jan 9th to now and it sounds like I still have another 35-40 days at least.  They did give me the mag back in January and sounds like they are doing this with every case in the event 114 changes.   It is looking like my Form 1 to SBR is going to come back before I even have my gun/basic background check completed....  Fucking Oregon.  Good news is I have everything for my gun when I do eventually get it.  Its like building a gun backwards for us Oregon folk
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine did not and been waiting since 1/9.  First time that ever happened. Looking like it is going to be around 60 days.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Had about 22k in the queue when I was doing backgrounds at the gun show his last weekend. Probably had 60% go right through. Was surprised.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Purchased a Mossberg 590S from Madras Bi-mart on Nov 25 or thereabouts. Bi-mart is a stickler about getting background check approval before releasing a gun. I wound up waiting about 7 weeks (so like Jan 8 or so) before they called in for a re-check and got it approved.  They said they can do like one call-in a day and they have to sit on hold for 4-7 hours.

I'm not sure what the wait time is like now - but in Dec I heard from someone attending a SEIU union meeting that the OSP folks who do background checks went on strike over mandatory overtime during the holidays - which is why approvals slowed to a trickle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just picked up a glock G20 at keiths today. Another instant approval.
Wonder what it is that kicks people into the que vs instant approval.
View Quote

The system is automated. I know for a fact if your address does not match what's on file with DMV it will delay you when it would otherwise clear automatically. Outside of that I suspect near hits with people with a criminal history and anyone with any criminal history at all would be delayed. With all the issues with DMV it's a little frustrating that FICS relies on that for an instant approval.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#17]
No wait....

I'm instant....

unusual name, SSN, CCW, my 1st born, plasma, 23nMe account, B positive blood, platelet donor..

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS..

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top