Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2022 7:25:29 PM EDT
Before I became a firearms enthusiast, I did several OCR adventure races, specifically Tough Mudder and Spartan Races. I loved the challenge of improving my fitness levels and the fun of completing the obstacles.

Lately though, I am seeing events like Cola Warrior, and Warfighter Challenge. I know that my skill level is not up to these events currently. I am hoping that there might be a place to find some run-n-gun type events that are more for novices?  Aside from some 3-gun type competitions, does anyone have any suggestions on where to find events like this that I can train to compete in?  I'm not even sure what to look under!
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If you've got Facebook there's a R&G Facebook page that has most of the R&G events in it. There was also a list of events on the Brian Enos forums at one time, although I'm not sure if they still keep it up to date.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Bluegrass Sportsmans Leauge in Wilmore, KY hosts a 8K+ run and gun each February.  Registration opened a couple days ago and it filled in about 45 seconds though.  

The Legion 9/11 Memorial RNG is in September at Spencer, TN, which isn't too far either.  Another fantastic event.

Like the post above mentioned- follow RNG discussion on Facebook for most up to date info.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! I'll keep those events in mind.

I won't use FB, they're literally evil.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The Heartbreak RnG at Bluegrass is Feb 25.
You can still sign up for the wait list.
If you contact the organizers and offer to work, you might get to shoot as staff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top